The Student Room Group

Doing LLB as 2nd degree at top uk unis

do they look at ur 1st degree result or a level result??
Reply 1
I presume that they would look at both?
As far as I'm aware it would be predominantly first degree result, the law schools websites will tell you for sure though.
It depends... contact the law schools that you're interested in. Presuming that you want to study in England then I think a 2.i is a must have.
Reply 4
what about top aussie unis?let say ur a level aint that good but u have a 1st class degree ,which would they judge then?
Reply 5
Are you saying that your degree is from an Australian university, or that you're thinking about doing an LLB at an Australian university?
I'll be doing law as a second degree, and from my experience, the focus of the admissions process will be on your first degree results. Your secondary school results (A-levels or equivalent) will be considered but less weight will likely be placed on these.
Reply 7
Original post by McLachlin CJ
I'll be doing law as a second degree, and from my experience, the focus of the admissions process will be on your first degree results. Your secondary school results (A-levels or equivalent) will be considered but less weight will likely be placed on these.

As far as I know, you can get on a 2-year fast track, if you have a reasonable pass (usually 2:1 equivalent) in your first degree.

The A levels or equivalent are used if you want to begin the 3 year LLB.

Honestly, I couldn't really tell which they'd use. I'm sure uni's would have individual policy regarding that anyway. Best thing you can do is get into contact with them.
Reply 8
Original post by Crumpet1
Are you saying that your degree is from an Australian university, or that you're thinking about doing an LLB at an Australian university?

im considering either top unis from aussie or uk
Original post by CWTHETEH
im considering either top unis from aussie or uk

Depends upon your nationality etc, but assuming that you are English then staying in England would be a lot cheaper than attempting to goto Australia (or any other country for that matter) to do graduate entry law. But then if you just want to do law in the UK then perhaps the GDL would be a better option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending