Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my last day of year 10 and have 6 weeks of no school ,
    Is it worth starting to revise for mocks in December? and if so, what tips do you all have? thanks

edit: they are the mocks that give you predicted grades for sixth form! (if that's any help)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Levingne)
    I've just finished my last day of year 10 and have 6 weeks of no school ,
    Is it worth starting to revise for mocks in December? and if so, what tips do you all have? thanks

edit: they are the mocks that give you predicted grades for sixth form! (if that's any help)
    Enjoy the holidays, it has been a long year! We don't know if we'll get weather like this again.

ReputationRep:
    I will finish next Wednesday. I was also thinking about doing revision and preparation for year 11 because I need good grades to become a vet. My biology teacher told me that I should read through my revision guides and do research into the topics that we will be learning about next year. She also said that if you do a bit of revision everyday (10-20 mins), it won't feel so bad when you have to do loads before your exams. Plus, if your curriculum is the same as mine, we have English and Maths GSCE's (REAL ONE'S!) in November. All-in-all, I believe that it would be useful to do little bit here and there just to prepare you for year 11 and to give you practice for the stressful times ahead!

(Sorry for the long post).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it was a definite necessity in any way, but if you have some free time and you're up for it, go for it! I would certainly say it'd be helpful to you, as the above poster said just a short amount of time each day building on certain skills or topics and carrying things like that on throughout Year 11 will definitely take some weight off the revision you do before your June exams, and any earlier ones :yep: if you build on revision consistenly and make sure you understand things throughout the year, your exams will be a lot easier to revise for, and there's no better way to do that than to start early! :awesome:

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.