Best workout DVD?? Watch

username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys! I want to lose 2 stone in 5 months and im looking for a really good workout dvd. Also any youtube vids are welcome. Im 18 and a female if that helps. Im 10 stone and need to become 8 stone by feb. i can only start exercising from sept due to personal reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
LukeM90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I bought this "pilates for men" dvd once to try and get more flexibl (wanted to start doing martial arts) also for general fitness, and tbh I kinda went at it thinking it would be all fluffy and easy,

needless to say I got 30 mins into it sweating face flat on the floor lol I dunno if it gets easier ( I just moved onto weights lol) but it was pretty intense as it was,

that being said the hardest workout I ever did was climbing a mountain (had to resort to drinking actual spring water from a mountain lol)

but yeh pilates dvds might be a good choice?
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by LukeM90)
I bought this "pilates for men" dvd once to try and get more flexibl (wanted to start doing martial arts) also for general fitness, and tbh I kinda went at it thinking it would be all fluffy and easy,

needless to say I got 30 mins into it sweating face flat on the floor lol I dunno if it gets easier ( I just moved onto weights lol) but it was pretty intense as it was,

that being said the hardest workout I ever did was climbing a mountain (had to resort to drinking actual spring water from a mountain lol)

but yeh pilates dvds might be a good choice?
Im a woman

Posted from TSR Mobile
LukeM90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Im a woman

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know im just quoting a dvd I used because I didnt know the name of the woman who hosts/instructs it, so you could look it up if you wanted.

Pilates isnt specific to men, infact there would be far more women than men do that sort of thing, just giving a suggesstion of somthing that could potentialy help shift weight on the workout side of things.
madz2802
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
YouTube- blogilates!! Great fitness videos! There are loads if YouTube fitness channels just type in the type of exercise you want and I'm sure you'll find a good video
I also have ministry of sound workout dvd which is good but now the music is out of date and it's kind of boring. I heard 30 days of shred is good but intense

Posted from TSR Mobile
yepyepyep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Im a woman

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just because you are female doesn't mean you can't do a DVD aimed at males. If anything if may be more effective as it's likely to be tougher.
Having said that, I don't really know much about pilates but I don't think it's intended for weight loss. I went to some pilates classes once upon a doctor's suggestion, had a delightful old time with some elderly ladies who weren't exactly there to 'feel the burn' shall we say.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1019)
79.18%
Leave (268)
20.82%

Watched Threads