Turn on thread page Beta

BTEC Media - difference between one year and two year course? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Basically, I've been doing a Creative Media Studies BTEC at Sixth Form for Year 12 since I started last September. I've been planning on dropping it and just carrying on with my other three subjects (all A Levels) for Year 13, but I've heard a few people say that a BTEC isn't really worth much if you only do it for one year instead of two. I need three A Levels at AAB for my uni course, so it wouldn't matter that much, but I just don't want all my hard work this year to end up being wasted. Is it worth me carrying on with the BTEC for the full two years or would I be alright with it as a one year qualification? Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.