Turn on thread page Beta

What films would you want to read? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've often watched a good film and instantly wanted to read such a plot in book form.

Mine would probably be 'Good Will Hunting' and 'A beautiful mind', they both have amazing story lines which would make it an amazing read imo.

ReputationRep:
    There Will Be Blood, Memento, La Haine, Mulholland Drive, and A Field In England are a few that I can think of at the moment.

Good question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    There Will Be Blood, The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, Memento, La Haine, Mulholland Drive, and A Field In England are a few that I can think of at the moment.

Good question!
    The bolded ones are based on novels (from wikipedia).

ReputationRep:
    The Tracey Fragments

Just to see how on earth that'd be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    The bolded ones are based on novels (from wikipedia).
    There Will Be Blood is only very loosely based on Oil!; the connection is mostly limited to setting.
    I did not know about the Jesse James novel – thanks!
    Memento Mori is similar to Memento but is only a short story; I'd like to see someone expand it into a full-scale novel and perhaps thicken the story.

ReputationRep:
    There Will Be Blood is only very loosely based on Oil!; the connection is mostly limited to setting.
    I did not know about the Jesse James novel – thanks!
    Memento Mori is similar to Memento but is only a short story; I'd like to see someone expand it into a full-scale novel and perhaps thicken the story.
    Fair enough. And yes, some of my favourite novels were originally short stories that have been expanded (Flowers for Algernon, Ender's Game).

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. And yes, some of my favourite novels were originally short stories that have been expanded (Flowers for Algernon, Ender's Game).
    I presume you're aware of the upcoming film?

ReputationRep:
    I presume you're aware of the upcoming film?
    I'm very excited, but to be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Film studios can never resist the temptation to turn every sci-fi movie into an adrenaline-fuelled blockbuster.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very excited, but to be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Film studios can never resist the temptation to turn every sci-fi movie into an adrenaline-fuelled blockbuster.
    I know what you mean. Perhaps it won't make much money anyway if people are going to boycott it.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. Perhaps it won't make much money anyway if people are going to boycott it.
    Why are people boycotting it? At a guess, I would say child violence?

ReputationRep:
    I'll also add Pan's Labyrinth to my list.

Why are people boycotting it? At a guess, I would say child violence?
    At risk of going off-topic here – because the author is very homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    Magnolia, The Fountain and perhaps Three Colours Trilogy, with necessary alterations, as I think I'd enjoy the multi-threaded nature of the read. Maybe image heavy movies would be interesting too: In The Mood For Love and The New World (WKW and Malick in general I guess). Oh and maybe The Spirit of the Beehive as it would be interesting to compare to To Kill a Mockingbird.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.