Spanish - B
EPQ - A

Applying to
York - Chemistry
Nottingham - NatSci
Bath - Chemistry
Cardiff - Chemistry
UEA - NatSci

Application went in last Tuesday, have interviews at York and UEA in 3 weeks time
:smile: Feeling nervous
Hi,
Sort of posting this to the wrong thread since Ii want to apply for 2016, but I'd like some advice. I do chemistry, biology, maths and English literature at AS, predicted AAAA. I would like to drop biology next year at A2 because I enjoy English literature a lot more. Would not having two science sujects put me at a huge disadvantage? Do you know anybody who just did chemistry and maths?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by MsTyrell
Hi,
Sort of posting this to the wrong thread since Ii want to apply for 2016, but I'd like some advice. I do chemistry, biology, maths and English literature at AS, predicted AAAA. I would like to drop biology next year at A2 because I enjoy English literature a lot more. Would not having two science sujects put me at a huge disadvantage? Do you know anybody who just did chemistry and maths?

Hi,
You should be fine with what you've chosen I know most unis want chemistry with either maths or a science. Maths would be more helpful then biology either way.
Good luck with your As' 😊
Original post by MsTyrell
Hi,

No, it won't. The bare minimum subjects you really need for a chemistry degree, imo, is chemistry and maths. Physics would be helpful but not particularly essential.
I am thinking about continuing all 4 subjects, so I'll have Bio, Chem, Maths and Eng Lit. Does this sound good for a chemistry degree?
Hello just asking, can I apply for two courses in the same uni? I'm thinking of applying for Natural Science and Chemistry at Nottingham. is it possible to do that?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Cheesypotato
Hello just asking, can I apply for two courses in the same uni? I'm thinking of applying for Natural Science and Chemistry at Nottingham. is it possible to do that?

It is possible to do that but can't you just make up your mind on whether you'd like to study NatSci or straight Chemistry at Nottingham? Because if you get both offers you'd still have to choose one between the two. Just my thoughts. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWV1007
It is possible to do that but can't you just make up your mind on whether you'd like to study NatSci or straight Chemistry at Nottingham? Because if you get both offers you'd still have to choose one between the two. Just my thoughts. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah! true. It's because I'm not really sure what other uni I should apply to. And I like Nottingham.
Thanks again :biggrin:
Original post by Cheesypotato

Technically yes, although check with the Chemistry department first. Your PS would need to be NatSci, as that is more competitive I imagine. The Chemistry dept are fairly likely to be happy with NatSci applicants assuming they demonstrate enough chemical interest as part of the NatSci statement. Chemistry is pretty central to all the sciences so interests in other sciences shouldn't be thought of as a bad thing. Just drop them a quick e-mail :smile:

If your other 3 choices are Chemistry though then it's probably not such a smart move.
Reply 2009
Original post by danny2014
Hi I'm confused as to whether to apply for MChem or BSc at Manchester, though I think i'll apply to both.

My AS results are:

Sociology - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - B
Physics - C (dropping it woo:biggrin:)

I'm confused about which to apply to because it's AAA for the MChem and ABB for the BSc - as you can tell I'm inbetween those two requirements ffs.

At most universities, if you apply for BSc and do well in the first 2 years, you can have the option to move onto the MChem course, that's what I've gathered from open days anyway
Reply 2010
I've applied for MChem at Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt, Leeds, Nottingham and Birmingham

I've received offers from Heriot-Watt (2nd year entry) and Leeds but still waiting to hear from the others

My AS results are
Chemistry - A
Maths - A
Biology - A (which I dropped)
Physics - B
General Studies - B

Predicted A*AAA at A2

Has anyone heard anything from Edinburgh as it's my first choice and haven't heard anything apart from an acknowledgement email
Reply 2011
At Manchester you can apply for the MChem course and if you don't get the grades they put you onto the lower entry requirements one so I'd go MChem if I were you :smile:
Original post by Passwords
2015 Entry

Scottish Highers:
AAAAAB in Maths, Spanish, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English.

Advanced Highers:
Maths, Biology, Chemistry (doing next year)

Edinburgh
Glasgow
St Andrews - Biomolecular Science
Aberdeen
Heriot Watt/Strathclyde

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi have you received any offers yet?
Original post by smelon
I've applied for MChem at Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt, Leeds, Nottingham and Birmingham

I've received offers from Heriot-Watt (2nd year entry) and Leeds but still waiting to hear from the others

My AS results are
Chemistry - A
Maths - A
Biology - A (which I dropped)
Physics - B
General Studies - B

Predicted A*AAA at A2

Has anyone heard anything from Edinburgh as it's my first choice and haven't heard anything apart from an acknowledgement email

hello what were your offers?
Original post by Hanlew
At Manchester you can apply for the MChem course and if you don't get the grades they put you onto the lower entry requirements one so I'd go MChem if I were you :smile:

Similarly I got told if you apply for the Bsc and get the grades for the MChem in summer, some universities let you swap courses. So I applied for the Bsc's with hopes of being able to swap depending on my grades :smile:
Original post by taliatemme
Hi have you received any offers yet?

Unconditional for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry at Glasgow uni :awesome:
Waiting for the rest. Are you applying for the same unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow!

I'm applying for Chemistry at Strathclyde, Heriot-Watt, Cardiff and Loughborough.

Well done!!
Reply 2017
Original post by taliatemme
hello what were your offers?

Heriot-Watt have offered me ABB and Leeds haven't decided yet, they want to interview me before they give me the conditions of the offer, also just received offers from Edinburgh (AAA) and Nottingham (AAB)
I've received an offer from King's College for the MSci Chemistry course!!!! :smile:
Just got an interview with Oxford :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending