The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Coral Reafs
york give out straight offers if u agree to a post-offer visit day?

I only ask cos I'm post A-level and achieved A*AAabc which exceeds their maximum of AAA.

what kind of academic profile u got if u dnt mind me askin??

Spoiler

ah i don't really know how they do it, sorry! i know a fair few people who had the offer before the visit day, and a few who didn't get the offer til after

I don't mind at all haha, 14A*s at GCSE, 5As at AS, predicted 4A*s at A2

aw thank you!
Original post by Kmonster
ah i don't really know how they do it, sorry! i know a fair few people who had the offer before the visit day, and a few who didn't get the offer til after

I don't mind at all haha, 14A*s at GCSE, 5As at AS, predicted 4A*s at A2

aw thank you!

l000ll now I can see why they gave you a straight offer. :eek:

With an application like that I'm surprised you didn't get an unconditional+Scholarship.:tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by CJG21
I've got interviews at Bristol, Imperial, and Oxford, and an offer from Warwick. When's your Bristol one? I'm sure you'll get in, they give out a lot of offers.

Nice! 6th Feb I believe, was the earliest I could get. Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, and I don't have my heart set on Bristol or anything like that anyway. When's yours?
Reply 643
Hey,

I have applied to bristol, reading, bath, b'gham and hull. I have 2 offers (reading and hull) and 2 interviews (bristol and b'gham)
Reply 644
Anyone who has been to a chemistry interview at Bristol, could you PM me to say how it was and what questions ect, thanks
Original post by ethery
Nice! 6th Feb I believe, was the earliest I could get. Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, and I don't have my heart set on Bristol or anything like that anyway. When's yours?

My Bristol one is 5th December, will be good practice for my Oxford one the week after. Not sure what to expect.
Reply 646
Anyone doing Chemistry with OCR A here?
Could you do me a massive favour; I'm away from home so don't have my text book but need to do some work. Could someone please take pictures of pages 182 - 184 (Redox, Cells and half cells) and email them to me?
I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance!
EDIT: I will give rep! (Tomorrow, as I've ran out now)
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone who was at the interviews on the 12th and 19th Nov for UCL, have you received any UCAS updates?
anyone who was at the interviews on the 12th and 19th Nov for UCL, have you received any UCAS updates?

No, I got a letter saying I had an offer... but still nothing on ucas... I really want to know the grades
Reply 649
Hi
Applying for chem in 2014
Got an offer from imperial asking for A*A*A and I also have to take the IELTS cos I got a C in eng gcse
Anyone have the same kind of offer or have anyone done the IELTS for their application to a uni recently :confused::cool:
Original post by dguy95
Hi
Got an offer from imperial asking for A*A*A and I also have to take the IELTS cos I got a C in eng gcse
Anyone have the same kind of offer or have anyone done the IELTS for their application to a uni recently :confused::cool:

have imperial changed their offer range from A*AA-AAA to A*A*A now?? :eek:

how have u got an A*A*A offer? what subjects are you doing?
Reply 651
have imperial changed their offer range from A*AA-AAA to A*A*A now?? :eek:

how have u got an A*A*A offer? what subjects are you doing?

I finished maths last year got A* (one year / fast track)
Physics (AS) A chemistry (AS) B
And starting further maths this year
Original post by dguy95

I finished maths last year got A* (one year / fast track)
Physics (AS) A chemistry (AS) B
And starting further maths this year

what are you predicted?

I think it's quite harsh to give you a double A* offer when you have all relevant subjects tbh.

does the A* include chemistry by any chance?
Original post by dguy95
Hi

Christ, that's high.

Good luck.
Just wondering is nobody considering the likes of Southampton, Sussex, Warwick etc? From the likes of this thread most of the country wants to go to UCL, Imperial or Oxford :lol:
Original post by Thisisthened
Just wondering is nobody considering the likes of Southampton, Sussex, Warwick etc? From the likes of this thread most of the country wants to go to UCL, Imperial or Oxford :lol:

l0l nope. most people on here are ridiculously high fliers who have like 3A* predicted, and an endless string of A*s at GCSE :biggrin:

some people have had offers from Warwick here I think.

Popular unis here are Ox, ICL,Bristol, Durham, York, UCL :wink:
Original post by Thisisthened

I applied to Warwick but I already got an offer so not worrying about that anymore.
Original post by Roarmaster
X

So how did you find your Imperial interview? :biggrin:
Reply 658
Hi i'm applying for chemistry at oxford any tips for the interview?
Original post by Mak1234
Hi i'm applying for chemistry at oxford any tips for the interview?

Beast it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending