The Pill Watch

This discussion is closed.
fred86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey,

advice please! If I make an appointment with my doc is he likely to prescribe me it there + then and how long do I have to wait after that before having unprotected sex?

H xx
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
Hey,

advice please! If I make an appointment with my doc is he likely to prescribe me it there + then and how long do I have to wait after that before having unprotected sex?

H xx
i think properly risk free you need about 3 months
And yes, if you ask for it he will prescribe it (unless you have proper medical problmes)
J
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey,

H xx
He'll check your blood pressure and height/weight and then prescribe it there and then most likely. Then he'll tell you to start on the first day of your next period - and if you do that you'll be protected straight away. You can start it at another time in the month though, and if you do that you'll have to wait 7 days before you're covered. After that you've got really super high % protection provided you take it properly.
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by fionah)
He'll check your blood pressure and height/weight and then prescribe it there and then most likely. Then he'll tell you to start on the first day of your next period - and if you do that you'll be protected straight away. You can start it at another time in the month though, and if you do that you'll have to wait 7 days before you're covered. After that you've got really super high % protection provided you take it properly.
thanks a lot
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The doctor is likely to prescribe it to you but you may have to pay for it. If you want to get it for free then you should go to a family planning clinic. Your doctor will tell you how long you have to wair but I think it is about a month before you are completely protected.
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by randdom)
The doctor is likely to prescribe it to you but you may have to pay for it. If you want to get it for free then you should go to a family planning clinic. Your doctor will tell you how long you have to wair but I think it is about a month before you are completely protected.
aik! never knew u had to pay!
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
aik! never knew u had to pay!

Not in the UK I don't think. On the back of the prescription you simply tick "was prescribed free of charge contracpetives" on the exemptions list I never have to pay.
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
Not in the UK I don't think. On the back of the prescription you simply tick "was prescribed free of charge contracpetives" on the exemptions list I never have to pay.
goodgood
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
i think properly risk free you need about 3 months
And yes, if you ask for it he will prescribe it (unless you have proper medical problmes)
J
I wouldn't exactly describe unprotected sex as 'risk free' - with or without the pill
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by joyabbott)
I wouldn't exactly describe unprotected sex as 'risk free' - with or without the pill
i know but condoms are awful and a pain
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's always dutch caps
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So are STIs. I'd get them checked out as well.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So's running to the bath room in an awkward position after sex
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%