Turn on thread page Beta

Scars on the eye's surface watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This might be a bit random and trivial, but it did happen.
    When I was young someone "accidentally" poured ear drops into my left eye. The pain was excruciating and it burned throughout the whole day. By the time I was able to open my left eye, it was sore and red. It cooled down eventually though, but there's this massive grey rash with red veins running towards it on my cornea and I haven't been able to get rid of it ever since.

Just out of curiosity, is this a permanent stain? Its not bothering me, but its really ... unusual. Any reply would be appreciated, and thanks for reading my anecdote!

ReputationRep:
    The cornea should be avascular - corneal neovascularisation can occur as a result of damage/inflammation. I'm not sure whether it is permanent but I would think it probably is - does it affect your vision?

ReputationRep:
    If it's been there "since you were young" I venture it won't disappear on its own, but you should see an ophthalmologist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    The cornea should be avascular - corneal neovascularisation can occur as a result of damage/inflammation. I'm not sure whether it is permanent but I would think it probably is - does it affect your vision?
    Not that I know of. Maybe this might not relate, but my left eye has a bigger minus compared to my right.

(Original post by gloriamundi)
    If it's been there "since you were young" I venture it won't disappear on its own, but you should see an ophthalmologist!
    Yeah its been there for over a decade! Probably since Year 4
    I haven't seen an ophthalmologist, but the last optometrist I visited told me to ignore it. Maybe I'll see a doctor as soon as I can.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2013
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.