Turn on thread page Beta

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:HOW DO PEOPLE get cheap phones on UPGRADES? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I buy lots of phones on ebay-but people are selling them as upgrades-how can i get them cheap myself?
    Am i getting ripped off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricars)
    I buy lots of phones on ebay-but people are selling them as upgrades-how can i get them cheap myself?
    Am i getting ripped off
    Whenever a phone contract comes to an end, the carrier will offer a cheap upgrade price on a handset to incentivise you into renewing the contract. The value of the phone is dependent on the value of the contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gofre)
    whenever a phone contract comes to an end, the carrier will offer a cheap upgrade price on a handset to incentivise you into renewing the contract. The value of the phone is dependent on the value of the contract.
    so is it worth the price

ReputationRep:
    so is it worth the price
    It entirely depends on the value of the handsets they offer and the contract they want you to stay on.

ReputationRep:
    so is it worth the price
    It entirely depends on the value of the handsets they offer and the contract they want you to stay on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    you can always ring em up too and try to negotiate a good deal for yourself

ReputationRep:
    I called up to renew my contract a couple of weeks ago (side note, they messed up the process and I'm going through a battle to get the right service) and I was able to get a decent offer.

I told them I was looking to leave their service provider because I found someone else who was cheaper (it helps if this is factual, so do some research). I asked for my PAC (transfer code) so they put me through to their retention team rather quickly. I asked them to make me an offer Their plan was £33 a month, the competitor was doing a very similar offer for £23 a month, so they were able to give me a 30% reduction on the contract, which basically took it in line with the other provider.

Comparing it to the price of just the SIM by itself, I am only paying £2 a month for the actual phone, and the rest is the price of the contract. Thus, if I decided to, I could just sell the phone and keep the contract on a different device.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.