Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I'm from Hong Kong China and am studying in Oxfordshire.

I'm a science student, probably going into microbial biotechnology in the future.
    Obviously I'm here to make friends, and I don't think my intermediate English level is going to pull me down.

If you feel like our compassion coincide please feel free to pm me and i'll give you my facebook

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm from the Philippines! How do you do which Uni are you studying in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaZEEH)
    Hi I'm from the Philippines! How do you do which Uni are you studying in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice to meet you

I just finished my GCSEs and will do my AS this September...

For a microbiology/biotechnology degree, my preliminary uni choices are:
    York, Sheffield, Manchester, Durham and Cambridge (Absolute wild shot lol)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I just finished my A Levels (Biology, English Language & Literature and Sociology). But sadly, with some extenuating circumstances, I will redo my A2 Biology to get a better grade.

I'm planning to take BA / BSc in Human Sciences and I'll apply to Exeter, Durham, KCL (Social Medicine), Sheffield and Oxford (crazy shot as well) haha what GCSEs did you do?

Good luck to us on results day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey i just finished AS biology and im about to start A2 now...so nervous - is it hard?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishio)
    hey i just finished AS biology and im about to start A2 now...so nervous - is it hard?
    Depends on what exam board I find it really interesting. What's your exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what exam board I find it really interesting. What's your exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i love it! I'm doing aqa but it's really hard as much as i enjoy it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi,

I'm a science student too I'm studying Physics at Oxford at the moment and am going into second year in october

ReputationRep:
    Welcome. I am also a science student

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My parents are from HK (but I'm not) and I'm a PhD biology student.

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    Hi,

I'm a science student too I'm studying Physics at Oxford at the moment and am going into second year in october
    Hi! nice to meet you, I'm planning to apply to Oxford (Harris Manchester or Magdalen) for Human Sciences

What college are you in and how was your preliminaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi! nice to meet you, I'm planning to apply to Oxford (Harris Manchester or Magdalen) for Human Sciences

What college are you in and how was your preliminaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm 2 very different colleges there.... I wasn't even aware that was an available course - no-one at my college does it. I'm at Queen's, did alright in prelims - almost got a distinction and got a commendation for my lab work :-) could have done a bit better if my ex hadn't dumped me two days before exams started...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm 2 very different colleges there.... I wasn't even aware that was an available course - no-one at my college does it. I'm at Queen's, did alright in prelims - almost got a distinction and got a commendation for my lab work :-) could have done a bit better if my ex hadn't dumped me two days before exams started...
    Yeah, Human Sciences is only in few colleges and I'm really torn between HMC, Magdalen or Mansfield. Nice, congratulations! Screw the ex, they're no good for you

You're doing the MPhys right? I know someone in Keble who's in the same year and course as you, and he said that the course is tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah, Human Sciences is only in few colleges and I'm really torn between HMC, Magdalen or Mansfield. Nice, congratulations! Screw the ex, they're no good for you

You're doing the MPhys right? I know someone in Keble who's in the same year and course as you, and he said that the course is tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd personally go with Mansfield nearest the science park

Yeah we all start out on that but you can switch to the BA at the end of year two (or are made to if you get less than a 2:1 in second year). Hmmm... well I wouldn't call it incredibly tough but I wouldn't say it's easy either - I'm not having to work hard at all... in fact I did the bare minimum and still did pretty well (I might start to work hard when stuff counts towards my finals next year onwards though) but we had some of the hardest physics prelims papers ever set according to our tutors...

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally go with Mansfield nearest the science park

Yeah we all start out on that but you can switch to the BA at the end of year two (or are made to if you get less than a 2:1 in second year). Hmmm... well I wouldn't call it incredibly tough but I wouldn't say it's easy either - I'm not having to work hard at all... in fact I did the bare minimum and still did pretty well (I might start to work hard when stuff counts towards my finals next year onwards though) but we had some of the hardest physics prelims papers ever set according to our tutors...
    Oh my gosh. I'm really happy talking to you I have a question, are you allowed (in Queen's) to stay in the College accommodations during summer holidays? I believe that the colleges have different policies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh my gosh. I'm really happy talking to you I have a question, are you allowed (in Queen's) to stay in the College accommodations during summer holidays? I believe that the colleges have different policies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only in one of the college annexes are you allowed to stay through short vacations and I'm not sure about summer... - St. Aldates house - all the others have to be vacated, would probably be easiest to live out though regardless of college if you wanted to stay through summer.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.