The Student Room Group

Sciences Po - Anyone studying there? or Applying 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by gakuzo
Is there anyone who got offer from PSIA, in particular except for MDP?
Now I am annoyed which school I should enroll, PSIA or LSE or UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, did you hear back from PSIA and LSE already? If so what program did you apply to? I applied for Dev management and I'm still waiting.
My (French) cousin is applying this year! She's been doing loads of preparation classes during the holidays all year I feel so sorry for her :frown: Apparently it's extremely competitive so good luck!
Reply 62
Original post by CloudzCake
Hello everyone! I've just begun applying for SciencesPo, I am an undergraduate international student. It was said on ScPo website that two academical recommendations are necessary and the third one may be added. However, I cannot find a way to add the third referee on my admissions page. Perhaps you know how it is possible to do it? Thanks for any help! :smile:

So I added three referees for my application. See even after you add two referees from the main dashboard page, go to the page which mentions your personal detail and then add one more referee from their. I can't explain more than this. I sincerely hope this can help even a lil bit.
Reply 63
Everyone who got accepted :

- could you please state your GPA from undergrad
- did u have any work experience?
Reply 64
Original post by davidolce

I didn't have a GPA thing. Though my % was among top 10 students in the university. I didn't have work ex as such but I had various internships and volunteer opportunities.
Reply 65
Original post by davidolce

My GPA was 3.8 and I do have years of work experience but it was quite unrelated to the program I was admitted to nevertheless I spinned it by saying that I have a lot of transferable skills. But I did have relevant volunteering opportunities to make up for it.
Reply 66
Got offer from PSIA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also got accepted today for Human Rights and Humanitarian action :biggrin: SO SO happy!! Best of luck to everyone else!

P.S. It took them 13 (or 12, someone mentioned there was a holiday recently) working days to get back to me, once
I got the "admissible" email.
Reply 68
hello! I was admitted yesterday for International Development major 19 days after an admissible email. I am super happy too. Good luck for everyone! Did anyone get admission for this major? :colondollar: (I got SOAS admission too and am still waiting for LSE result though. I will probably enroll at Sciences-Po.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
Congratulations everyone who got into Sciences Po!
Reply 70
I've make up my mind to enroll PSIA FY2014.

Btw, is there accommodation offered by SciencesPo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey ailiebebe, I'm currently working on my international development application! Congratulations! Could you give me some advice on my application, hoe you structured your personal statement, what GPA you had and so on? How long was your personal statement etc...Would really appreciate it!
I am studying political science (where I have a good GPA) and economics (not so good hehe ) in Vienna. I studied one Semester in Paris at Paris Dauphine, can speak fluently german, english and french besides my mother tongue and have done 3 internships (UNESCO, Romanian Embassy and the Austrian Institute for International Politics. )
Original post by ailiebebe
hello! I was admitted yesterday for International Development major 19 days after an admissible email. I am super happy too. Good luck for everyone! Did anyone get admission for this major? :colondollar: (I got SOAS admission too and am still waiting for LSE result though. I will probably enroll at Sciences-Po.)

Hey there! Congratulation on getting in! I'm currently workng on my application for the International Development MAster and would greatly appreciate some pointers... How long was your personal statement, what GPD you had or volunteer work and so on...
I am studying political science (where I ahve a good GPA) and Economics (not so good :smile:)) in Vienna. I can speak german, english, french, romanian, studied one semester in Paris and also did 3 internships (UNESCO, Romanian Embassy in Paris and the Austrian Institute for International Politics)...
Do you think I have any shot in getting in?
Reply 73
Hi everyone.

I am in the application process for the Master in Economics and Business. Did anyone get in yet?.

Does anybody know if the referee factor in the application is really important? I mean, I have added the referees, but what if they don't respond to the evaluation form that they receive?. will Sciences Po then look at the recommendation letter that they wrote then?
And also, how did you guys figure out how much you have to pay in tuition fee? I mean it depends on how much the parents earns, right?

Sorry for the questions, but really have no idea so hope you can help.
Thanks
Reply 74
Original post by ailiebebe

Congratulations :smile:
I too have been accepted for the same course. Waiting to hear from them regarding scholarships!
Reply 75
Original post by krabbesten
Hi everyone.

I am in the application process for the Master in Economics and Business. Did anyone get in yet?.

Does anybody know if the referee factor in the application is really important? I mean, I have added the referees, but what if they don't respond to the evaluation form that they receive?. will Sciences Po then look at the recommendation letter that they wrote then?
And also, how did you guys figure out how much you have to pay in tuition fee? I mean it depends on how much the parents earns, right?

Sorry for the questions, but really have no idea so hope you can help.
Thanks

The referees are really important as they can attest to a candidate's strenghts and they can really say things you cannot say about yourself. I think they should complete the form and upload their recommendation. I'm not sure whether one can be done without the other since I'm not a referee and did not see that side of the application process.

As for tuition fees either you are a EU citizen and you pay a lower tuition or you are international and you pay through the nose so to speak. Now your financial situation does come into play but I do suggest you look at their bursaries and financial aid page to guide you
Reply 76
Dear offer-holders,

Please teach me whether admission office of SciencesPo send to PAPER offer letter.
I only received e mail saying I am admitted to enter PSIA, but I need formal paper offer letter to prove my status toward the public organization which give me scholarship.

Best,
Gakuzo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by sponge_phara
Hey there! Congratulation on getting in! I'm currently workng on my application for the International Development MAster and would greatly appreciate some pointers... How long was your personal statement, what GPD you had or volunteer work and so on...
I am studying political science (where I ahve a good GPA) and Economics (not so good :smile:)) in Vienna. I can speak german, english, french, romanian, studied one semester in Paris and also did 3 internships (UNESCO, Romanian Embassy in Paris and the Austrian Institute for International Politics)...
Do you think I have any shot in getting in?

hello ! I think with your experiences you will get admission! I only did 1 internship in Donor organization but several interpretation experiences with Ministry of foreign affairs of my country, and as a media supervisor at world energy conference last year. I had enough motivation why I wanted to study International development field and I think it was convincing on my personal statement. It was 2 page long, and I wrote in English :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by k_angie
Congratulations :smile:
I too have been accepted for the same course. Waiting to hear from them regarding scholarships!

hello k-angie! Glad to know u r admitted at the same course! I havent applied for scholarship yet! when did u apply for scholarship?

Quick Reply