Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • Thread Starter

    Very Important Poster
    I am studying Computer Science at City University London and I am not happy here. My friends are telling me that there is no point studying here if I'm not enjoying it. I intend on continue studying Computer Science but not at my current university. I have just finished my first year.

    I am looking for a transfer to another uni into the second year, preferably one with a higher ranking. The problem is, I did not do too well in my A-Levels and when I spoke on the phone to King's College, they say they look at A-Levels and what I got in my first year at City. On the other hand, I did very well in my first year and got a first. King's College only wanted a "2-1" and I did better than that.

    Several questions...

    1) Would they take into consideration that despite not doing well in my A-Levels, they will look at what I got in the first year and there could be a chance that they would accept me?

    2) How would it affect my student finance application?

    3) Is it really worth transferring to another university if I am not enjoying it here?

    Depends how many applicants they got for transfer/how many spaces they have and how bad your actual grades were. But your first will most likely make up for them

    I don't know


    I cant offer you too much advice, but like your friends say theres no point of staying if you dont like your uni. Do check out King's CompSci department though before you're going through with your decision. What were your grades at A-level? I know that kings want AAB for comp sci. Having a first does boost your application, but to what extent I dont know.

University open days

  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.