Will you ever stop using Facebook? Watch

Matt_dragon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a Facebook account, have had it for 4 years now but I find it really time consuming at times. What are your opinions on it? Will you ever be able to stop using Facebook?
User995789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Matt_dragon)
I have a Facebook account, have had it for 4 years now but I find it really time consuming at times. What are your opinions on it? Will you ever be able to stop using Facebook?
Yeah it's called exam time :teehee: Or at least I try too
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I stopped using it ages ago, same *******s talking the same **** every day.
alex193
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll stop using it when something better comes up. At the moment it's great for keeping up with my family and friends because we're spread all over the world, but I'm quite selective with who I add and if anyone's posting relentless streams of rubbish I just mute them
Aselia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
I used Facebook for a little bit when I was 13 (I'm 17 now) but later on I got bullied terribly on that site and I had to delete my account. So, yeah, answering your question, I easily stopped using Facebook, but it was hard as I had to cut contact with the people who I could only have kept in touch with via Fb.
Mysteriouschic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't say I "use" facebook I just have it there but don't actually do anything on it.
Shaun1991
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blueray2)
Yeah it's called exam time :teehee: Or at least I try too
What is with those dreadful smilies?
Jezebelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really post anything myself, but find it a useful way to keep in touch with people. Plus the societies I'm in tend to use it to arrange stuff. Don't think I'd stop using it unless everyone started using a different site instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
mulberry1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's getting a bit dull now, too many ads and rubbish on your home page..
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
I stopped using it ages ago, same *******s talking the same **** every day.
Same here. Deactivated my account in 2010. I have missed nothing :cool:
Ham22
Report 5 years ago
I stopped using it months ago and I don't miss it.
ForgettingWhatsername
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I only really use it for personal messaging and for groups. It's handy when you want to arrange to do something with a bunch of people, and also for staying in touch for people who live abroad. I just try to ignore all the annoying bull**** that comes with it :dontknow: So yeah, for now I wouldn't stop using it as it does come in handy, but who knows, maybe something better will come along in a while.
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had it for about 8 years (!) but I suppose something new will come out one day and take over.
I never used to think I'd leave MySpace! Ha!
DMAQ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ForgettingWhatsername)
I only really use it for personal messaging and for groups. It's handy when you want to arrange to do something with a bunch of people, and also for staying in touch for people who live abroad. I just try to ignore all the annoying bull**** that comes with it :dontknow: So yeah, for now I wouldn't stop using it as it does come in handy, but who knows, maybe something better will come along in a while.
Completely agree, I only really use it for the messaging side of things.
Plainview
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's rubbish, but no. Within a few decades, everyone on Earth will have an account, and the people who don't will be like the people at the moment who don't have phones.
Shazzarr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't have it.
Any friends i have, i text them or ring them. Or talk to them in person, ya know - the real world? :0
Floalley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I left Bebo, so I'll probably leave Facebook some time in the future.
So Instinct
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure people thought this about Myspace or Bebo. Facebook will die soon enough.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But then how else can I stalk people online?
-aimz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as it continues to be the most popular social networking site then probably. It's the easiest way to keep in contact with people - not everyone has Twitter, Instagram or whatever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (235)
27.36%
No (624)
72.64%

Watched Threads