The Student Room Group

Totally confused paid placement

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether someone could try to help me. The issue is I have applied for a placement and I ended up getting pass all the stages and obtained it. Now the issue is during my first year and second year of Uni my grades were average 50% and one module I got 40% now my issue is that this placement requires me to bring educational certificate for when I signing the contract. The issue is when I applied for the placement I only entered the modules that I had done well in and ignored the ones I didn't do so well in.

So what I am trying to say is I have yet to complete University only finished second year and if everything goes well I will be doing the placement. Now I am wondering if any of you know perhaps if it is possible to get a letter with only the modules you did well on ?

Thanks for reading and sorry about the long post.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Anyone out there ?
Reply 3
There must be someone in this forum who could put me at ease ?
Reply 4
I am not familiar with this type of situation but I am pretty sure that the answer is no, unless you know someone very well in a position of power relevant to your case.

In other words: You ****** UP

Though I find interesting that they couldn't figure out or notice that the numbers didn't add up, especially if your modules were over 50%
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
No you can't get a letter that only states certain modules. You'll get one with all of your modules on. You should have declares all of your modules, but it can't exactly be helped now. Explain to them that you made a mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Shelly_x
No you can't get a letter that only states certain modules. You'll get one with all of your modules on. You should have declares all of your modules, but it can't exactly be helped now. Explain to them that you made a mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What mistake did I do though, considering I only stated the ones I did extremely well in 60%+

Also since 3rd year at my University is worth 75% I can still get an excellent classification if I would my arse off.

None the less can't I just not turn up to the HR department and give in my GCSE qualifications and my foundation 1year degree at Uni where I got all excellent modules 70%+ and not hand in anything from the last 2 years and just state/tell them I have not finished Uni yet and have not received any
Educational certificate (Which is true)

thanks none the less
Reply 7
Original post by jokosor
I am not familiar with this type of situation but I am pretty sure that the answer is no, unless you know someone very well in a position of power relevant to your case.

In other words: You ****** UP

Though I find interesting that they couldn't figure out or notice that the numbers didn't add up, especially if your modules were over 50%

First of all thank you for replying, secondly the modules I mentioned were modules I obtained the best in out of the two years and the ones I obtained during my foundation degree in Uni. Also there must be a way around because I don't want them to see the modules I didn't do so great in.
Reply 8
Bump anybody ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending