The Student Room Group

trans and gay- relationships??

Has anybody got any experience of this? from either point of view? i'm a gay trans guy and i'm very aware that it's going to be hard for me to find boyfriends. i guess i'm just looking for some experiences to help me in some way because i'm pretty early on in my transition but i'm also interested in a relationship, as i'm becoming more comfortable with myself as i'm now appearing as male. anything would be appreciated!!
I've known of a few...

WIth very mixed results, but then this is normal for trans dating in general.. its tricky/hard/always different,

But I know one lovely gay couple, one of whome is a trans guy, and they are very happy/settled :smile: so it certianly is possible..
Reply 2
Original post by fallen_acorns
I've known of a few...

WIth very mixed results, but then this is normal for trans dating in general.. its tricky/hard/always different,

But I know one lovely gay couple, one of whome is a trans guy, and they are very happy/settled :smile: so it certianly is possible..
Thanks! that gives me some hope that it's possible, although it'll be hard....
Reply 3
I don't get it ? if you're a guy and you're trans wouldn't that make you straight? But anyway, yeah it'll be hard, but when you do find someone (you will, you seem lovely) they'll be perfect, as they will accept it. I don't think people are given enough credit sometimes, but I think you'll be fine.
Original post by GPH92
I don't get it ? if you're a guy and you're trans wouldn't that make you straight? But anyway, yeah it'll be hard, but when you do find someone (you will, you seem lovely) they'll be perfect, as they will accept it. I don't think people are given enough credit sometimes, but I think you'll be fine.

Trans guy = born as and assigned "female" but actually male - so lives/transitions as such :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks! that gives me some hope that it's possible, although it'll be hard....

it will be :frown:

And beware, there are a lot of horrible people out there who try and abuse/use trans people.. for their own fetishes/experiments etc.. (having had the bad experiance of meeting a fair few myself) - but there are also so so many wonderful, lovely, and accepting people - many of whome, im sure, will love you for who you are :smile:
Has anybody got any experience of this? from either point of view? i'm a gay trans guy and i'm very aware that it's going to be hard for me to find boyfriends. i guess i'm just looking for some experiences to help me in some way because i'm pretty early on in my transition but i'm also interested in a relationship, as i'm becoming more comfortable with myself as i'm now appearing as male. anything would be appreciated!!

I'm a trans man, and somewhere in the vicinity of gay or bi. I can't say anything about relationships, as I haven't been in one, only about casual sex. I thought that transsexualism would mean that I would have to live the sex life of a monk. It hasn't.

Now, it may be helped that I am having sex with kinky people. This may be why people aren't weirded out by me, because their interests are waaay more 'out there' than what my body is.

But I still think the point stands. There are some homosexual and many bisexual people who are totally okay with it. Being trans does not mean the end of sex or relationships.
Reply 7
Original post by fallen_acorns
Trans guy = born as and assigned "female" but actually male - so lives/transitions as such :smile:

Ohh ok I thought when he said trans guy he meant a guy transitioning, rather than transitioning into a guy. Thank you x
I'm a little worried about my brother (sister?), because he is coming out a transwoman and says he is attracted to men. I don't know whether he is attracted to women as well.

When I think about how most straight men would react to a woman who used to be physically a man, it worries me a lot. :frown: Of course, bisexual guys may be more understanding purely because they know what is like not to be the "norm" (i.e. heterosexual). I just want him to be with someone who makes him happy.

I've had a look to find some trans support groups, but haven't really been able to find anything. Has anyone found any use from these?

I know I keep using words like "him" and "he", but I've known him as my brother for 18 years. It's weird to suddenly think of him as my sister.
I'm a little worried about my brother (sister?), because he is coming out a transwoman and says he is attracted to men. I don't know whether he is attracted to women as well.

When I think about how most straight men would react to a woman who used to be physically a man, it worries me a lot. :frown: Of course, bisexual guys may be more understanding purely because they know what is like not to be the "norm" (i.e. heterosexual). I just want him to be with someone who makes him happy.

I've had a look to find some trans support groups, but haven't really been able to find anything. Has anyone found any use from these?

I know I keep using words like "him" and "he", but I've known him as my brother for 18 years. It's weird to suddenly think of him as my sister.

I know its hard at first but you really should start using she.

especially when typing, as there is no real excuse for not, when you have time to think about what your writing..

- as for guys, your right to be worried.. as a transwomen myself there are a lot of bad guys out there... half of whome will try and use your sister for an experiment/fetish/casual sex etc.... the other half are the really bad half who could be dangerous towards her..

Inbetween that though are some really lovely people, so im sure she can find someone :smile:

But just try and be there for her.. transitioning is not her choice, and its a really horrible horrible thing to have to do :frown: - its going to be a long long road untill she has 'finished' and can live as herself... something taken for granted by so many...

Support groups are good.. but it doesnt have to be very 'official support group'-y - just find your local LGBT group, or if she is at school, a young person one... or at uni, the uni LGBT society :smile: -- they will be full of supporting indivudals, friends, other trans people, and most of all.. a place she can feel comfortable and safe transitioning :smile:

- but yes, be warey of guys... I know so many young trans girls who have been hurt by guys, for a number of reasons :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending