The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Creating a Feline Society at LSE

While contemplating the meaning of life, I found myself thinking of the possibility of starting a society to appreciate kittens and cats at LSE, as I remember in my first year being a little sad to not find one at freshers.

Anyways, there are three things that need attention first:

1) First and foremost, is there any interest in such a society? Are there any ailurophiles going to LSE? If I recall correctly, there's a minimum number of students that must show an interest before the SU allows for a new society.

2) What will our meeting of cat people do? The only thing I can think of is organizing visits to the cat cafe that'll open sometime this year in East London. That and going to the zoo to look at BIG CATS :nutcase:

3) And finally, who will be in charge of it? My voice doesn't exceed 20 dB, and I only talk once every 2 days, so I'm ill suited to actually starting the society, which is the main reason I'm here now. (I shall be the first to join such a society, however :h:)

Edit: It seems as though there isn't enough interest. To future people:

I ask for a kind soul to take up my mantle and again attempt to create a society for ailurophiles, perhaps in a decade or so when the students at LSE may be more open to ideas not involving investment banking. Succeed where I have failed, and get a kitten while you're at it. I leave you my last wish and will. This is goodbye...forever.
(edited 10 years ago)
Haha, I picked the wrong university, clearly.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
You could volunteer at a cat-rescue? Or go to a digger show? Lots of CATS there. Or dress up as cats if that's more your thing? :tongue: Ooh or go see the musical 'Cats'!

I'm good at this :awesome:
Reply 3
Volunteering at a cat-rescue requires a long term commitment, but it could work. Perhaps people will enjoy volunteer working in groups? I have a feeling the digger show will have a low turnout though.

I was also thinking of watching documentaries related to cats. There are many on big cats that are interesting. And there's even some on domestic cats.

Good ideas, though I'm trying to think of more that interact with actual cats. Cat cafe and animal shelter are the only ones right now.

...I do hope there's enough interested persons for this.
Reply 4
Why doesn't the LSE have a med school ffs? :frown:
sfadsfaddsa OH MY GOD THIS THREAD JUST GOT ME SO EXCITED PLEASE DO THIS. CATS ARE MY PASSION.
Reply 6
I'd sign up for that too.
Reply 7
Hahahahaha this is hilarious, you should do it. You know how we had a petting zoo past 2 years? Your society could have a permanent petting area, who needs all those classrooms in Clement House anyway :p:

I think you need either 20 (or possible 30) paying members to start a society. If you're serious, try to get it done before freshers' fair.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
A feline society would beat half the clubs & societies solely devoted to careers, imho. Campaign for the School to adopt some for the main buildings and halls, they'd be pest control if it's the right cat. A society could handle the care (vet bills, maintain secluded bedding & litter), perhaps along with Security.

Original post by Swayum
Hahahahaha this is hilarious, you should do it. You know how we had a petting zoo past 2 years? Your society could have a permanent petting area, who needs all those classrooms in Clement House anyway :p:

I think you need either 20 (or possible 30) paying members to start a society. If you're serious, try to get it done before freshers' fair.

That petting zoo was weird, llamas on concrete staring at us staring at them. I didn't feel like 'petting' them, that seemed a little over-familiar.

Personally, I'd like rabbits on the roof outside the library:

7qv.gif
Plaza-Green-Roofcropped.jpg
* CGI simulation

I know, it's a hare-brained idea. :hare:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending