I think I need new glasses :( Watch

This discussion is closed.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think i need glasses..Recently, i've become short sighted and cant see any distant objects.....
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can get frames from vintage shops and then get lenses fitted, they are very cool.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
I think i need glasses..Recently, i've become short sighted and cant see any distant objects.....
When was the last time you had your sight checked? Book a test!
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
When was the last time you had your sight checked? Book a test!
Last yr..
Never get the time to do anythinggggg..
Grrrrrrrr
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To ppl who r concerned abot there looks with glasses, y not get contacts?
I hav them and even though it feels a bit gross at first, they are dead easy to take on and off after u get used to them and u don't fell a thing!
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
I'm finding that I have to squint even with my glasses on, do you think i may need stronger lenses? is it common, at my young age, to have repidly deteriorating eyesight? *concerned*

yer it is common as your eyes change all the time, i had the same prob as you a little while ago and had to get some stronger lenses.
Emma18
Report 15 years ago
I have (fairly) recently had to get glasses (in october 2003) it was such a shock when i put them on!! i started seeing things like, patterns/dots on the curtains!!! writing on posters!!! and things had sharply defined lines!!! it was such a shock!!!
I have to ask tho, does wearing your glasses all the time damage your eyes even more??? will i just have to get stronger and stronger glasses????? :confused:

p.s, love 4 ducks!! lov the grandmother and glasses thing he eh hee he!!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Most peoples eyes get worse until they stop growing - at which point things level out a bit (until old age starts to kick in).

I've been wearing glasses all the time since I was 7 (picked up in a routine eye test at school - now at 24 I'm so short sighted that thing become fuzzy once they're more than 20cm away from my eyes - but things haven't changed significantly since I was 19).

I feel odd without my glasses now...and alot of people don't recognise me if I take them off (which is odd because they aren't big bulky statement glasses with thick lenses or anything (extra extra extra thin lenses) - I think it's simply that my lenses are so strong they make my eyes look much smaller than they actually are so when I'm not wearing specs it changes the proportions of my face....people don't realise that my eyes are pretty big).

If money is tight simply get your eyes tested and get your lenses replaced on your current glasses (should cost about £80 if you have to pay (£20 for the test + £30 each for the lenses) or free if you're eligable for help with prescriptions http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc.asp?doc=23069022 (under 19s in full time education)).
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%