Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a little confused by the bursary allocation. Could some tell me whether or not those who are awarded a bursary actually have to pay fees or not?

Also, how much is the bursary for those who have 2.1 Degree in English and also a 1st MA in English? It does not state this on the gov. edu. site

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at this page: http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into...aduate-funding

Everyone has to pay the fees, although you can get a tuition fee loan from student finance.

With a MA it would move it up to the 2.1 tier, which you would already be at so it would not give you extra funding. A bursary for Secondary English with a 2.1 is £4000.

ReputationRep:
    Would the MA not bump it up to a first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, MA's don't bump up. I asked last year. It still goes by the 2:1. And no, you can't pay your fees from the bursary because you get it in monthly instalments; I got my last one this month.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.