Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So before I left school I left in my form for the EMA bonus but after 5 weeks past there was still nothing so I contacted my college and they said they would process it and would be due today and there's still nothing?
    I don't know what to do it may only be £100 but its still a lot for me and would definitely help since I didn't manage to get a part time job this summer. Should I contact ema itself or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didnt think they still did EMA?

ReputationRep:
    I thought EMA was stopped?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i thought ema was abolished years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownError)
    So before I left school I left in my form for the EMA bonus but after 5 weeks past there was still nothing so I contacted my college and they said they would process it and would be due today and there's still nothing?
    I don't know what to do it may only be £100 but its still a lot for me and would definitely help since I didn't manage to get a part time job this summer. Should I contact ema itself or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you a student in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    I thought EMA was stopped? Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I didnt think they still did EMA?
    Fairly certain if you were on EMA when it ended they'd continue your cycle, just no new applications.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BenP)
    Fairly certain if you were on EMA when it ended they'd continue your cycle, just no new applications.
    That may be true, but im sure it was a couple of years ago that it was abolished (when i finished my college course), so any people that where currently in the system still getting it would be left by now surely?

ReputationRep:
    That may be true, but im sure it was a couple of years ago that it was abolished (when i finished my college course), so any people that where currently in the system still getting it would be left by now surely?
    Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not sure what the case is in nothern ireland, wales and scotland, but in england im pretty sure no one would still be getting it now.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what the case is in nothern ireland, wales and scotland, but in england im pretty sure no one would still be getting it now.
    Yes we've established that. And yes in the above locations I stated they still receive EMA hence why I'm looking for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes we've established that. And yes in the above locations I stated they still receive EMA hence why I'm looking for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Id phone up ema and see what they say- to make sure they have received the relevant stuff from the school and find out when you are likely to get paid the money.

ReputationRep:
    Id phone up ema and see what they say- to make sure they have received the relevant stuff from the school and find out when you are likely to get paid the money.
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    EMA still exists.

I haven't heard back from my application yet
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think its the best option really, especially as you dont seem to be getting anywhere with the school.

ReputationRep:
    Bumping this I contacted ema and they said nothing had been out through however they can't do anything as the school has to process the form. Now the school won't reply to me, I'm pretty pissed off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.