BA Business and Marketing Watch

Darren96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm considering doing Business and Marketing at SHU (starting in 2014) i'm just wondering if anyone here has done this course or doing it now who could help me with my research? If so what is the course like and what are you mainly doing like are you in lectures and seminars a lot or just independent study?

Cheers in advance
Darren96
Rep:
?
Anyone?
slacking student
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm starting this course in September, so will be able to give you the low down then.
Darren96
Rep:
?
(Original post by slacking student)
I'm starting this course in September, so will be able to give you the low down then.
Alright, thanks good luck for your studies.
Shelley Sentinel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Darren96)
I'm considering doing Business and Marketing at SHU (starting in 2014) i'm just wondering if anyone here has done this course or doing it now who could help me with my research? If so what is the course like and what are you mainly doing like are you in lectures and seminars a lot or just independent study?

Cheers in advance
I am currently on this course & on my placement year (3rd year). The course is really in depth and interesting as you study a fair few topics! I have all the core text books for sale which are literally brand new! If you want to buy some let me know!
slacking student
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shelley Sentinel)
I am currently on this course & on my placement year (3rd year). The course is really in depth and interesting as you study a fair few topics! I have all the core text books for sale which are literally brand new! If you want to buy some let me know!
Hi,

Where abouts in the country are you placed for your placement? Are there opportunities to get a placement in London for example. Can't wait to start this course in September.
Shelley Sentinel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slacking student)
Hi,

Where abouts in the country are you placed for your placement? Are there opportunities to get a placement in London for example. Can't wait to start this course in September.
I am still in Sheffield, however loads of students do go down to London for placement! A lot of my course mates are down there now!
mikeyb01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing business and marketing at SHU in September too, would you be able to tell me how many days a week it is for the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shelley Sentinel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mikeyb01)
I'm doing business and marketing at SHU in September too, would you be able to tell me how many days a week it is for the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is dependable, id say it changes each year. However, I was in most days but they were not full days, for example my Monday was 9-12 and my Tuesday was 11-1 and my Friday was only 12-1. So i'd say you would be in each day but only for maybe 2-3 hours which is good!
mikeyb01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
that's pretty good tbh thanks for that I appreciate it would you say there is anything to watch out for? an are the exams pretty tough? the only downside is I am not great at exams you see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shelley Sentinel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbf, year one isn't all that hard, you get all the info you need from the lectures/seminars and if you don't end up going to them all, the info is on your student record on blackboard (which you will find out) The exams are decent, just make sure you revise for the finance module in year one and two!
mikeyb01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ok thanks for alot for this information it's really helpful I'm terrible with maths and accountancy rubbish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise