The Student Room Group

Who are your physics heroes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I also like Einstein a lot. He contributed so much to physics that goes unnoticed by the public. If you take some time to look through his work, you will be shocked!
Original post by physics4ever
(...) i recommend reading superconductivity:a short introduction by Stephen Blundell, the theory goes a lot deeper and it explains why 0 resistance is achieved in terms of quantum mechanics!what i learnt from this book is so much different than what i learnt in A level :biggrin:

I will do it, if I have enough time one day. By the way were there some members who mentioned André-Marie Ampere? he has contributed a lot in electromagnetism, that's why he deserves a mention.
Reply 42
Minkowski, gauss, Feynman, podolski, bohr, tesla, Einstein, young, hooke, newton, Maxwell, ampere, Voltaire and the list goes on...
David Seery. I swoon when he walks past. And when he knew my name I was nearly fainting with joy. <3

Also, Jocelyn Bell.
Brian cox
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by smd4std
am i seriously the only one that doesn't like isaac newton? :/

well do you have to like him to admire him?
Original post by Kallisto
I will do it, if I have enough time one day. By the way were there some members who mentioned André-Marie Ampere? he has contributed a lot in electromagnetism, that's why he deserves a mention.

I've heard of him, but ive never really gone into detail with his work, guess i'll have to read up on that!
Reply 47
Richard Feynman as many before have said. Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein...The list is endless but these three the biggest heroes of mine I'd say.
Original post by physics4ever
I've heard of him, but ive never really gone into detail with his work, guess i'll have to read up on that!

So I want to mention what he done to his life times. He discovered if an iron stick is surrounded by an inductor in which electricity flows, then a magnetic field come into being. Moreover he discovered that two conductors attract each other, if the current of the conductors flows in the same direction and push off, if the current of the conductors has two different directions.
Reply 49
Feynman, Newton, Einstein, Marie Curie. More recently, Brain Cox because he makes it so accessible.

People who say Hawking based on his contributions to the field are being ridiculous.
Original post by Kallisto
So I want to mention what he done to his life times. He discovered if an iron stick is surrounded by an inductor in which electricity flows, then a magnetic field come into being. Moreover he discovered that two conductors attract each other, if the current of the conductors flows in the same direction and push off, if the current of the conductors has two different directions.

thanks for that! :smile:, save me time going on wikipedia
Reply 51
my former A level teacher miss HMB, she bought us a star on our last day and named it after us
Reply 52
Einstein, Maxwell, Newton
Boltzmann and Hawking. The way those 2 battled their respective mental and physical problems to become leading physicists is amazing!
Reply 54
Carl sagen
Brian cox :wink:
Einstein (of course!)
Feynman
Hawking

My top has to be Brian cox just because he was the one who got me interested in physics and astronomy

But my top top has to be my secondary school science teacher for everything he did and how much of an amazing teacher he was
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Archimides :smile:
Reply 56
Archimedes* woops lol
Original post by gijops
my former A level teacher miss HMB, she bought us a star on our last day and named it after us

haha thats cool wish i had your teacher, my teacher is shyt
Reply 58
Tesla, Newton, Maxwell.
Í wonder why someone didn't write here in this forum for two weeks. It's a pity that it doesn't go on. That's why I'm here to put this thread into motion. Have I ever talk about Heinrich Hertz? has anyone talk about this German physicist before? he was the one who was able to prove the electromagnetic waves. Since that time people are using them in different frequencies, e. a. for receive terminals like televisions and radios. Without a doubt he was one of the greatest physicists who changed our living circumstances. He died very soon at the age of 36. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest