Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am going back to college in September to do a part time foundation degree, I am hard of hearing a wear a hearing aid it has never been a problem for me and I manage as well as I can.

I got an email for the colleges disability officer yesterday asking more about my disability and that I should apply for Disabled Students Allowance, I have never applied for this before so I have no idea how it all works :confused:

The college I am going to is where I studied my further education and they provided me with note takers which were a godsend as I find it hard to write and listen at the same time.

I just wondered if I get DSA will I have to get my own note taker or will my college provide them?

Does anyone else here have a hearing impairment and get DSA? If so what do you use it for?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You apply for DSA and have a Needs Assessment. During this Assessment your areas of support will be discussed and, following this, the assessor will make some recommendations. This an include a note taker (or, more widely, support worker), various equipment, and other things.

The notetakers will be employed by a specific company (e.g. Randstand, Neuropartners) and they are paid by your funding body. You do not need to find, or pay, for the notetaker yourself.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.