Turn on thread page Beta

just bought a phone online off ebay she says "IT HAS MANUFACTERERS WARRANTY" how can watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how can i claim this?
    she says she hasnt opened the box so it may be in there

ReputationRep:
    any helpers

ReputationRep:
    Details of the warranty should be in the box. It means if there's problems you can contact the manufacturers directly and they should help you. Not sure, but usually manufacturers ask for proof of purchase, which won't count if you bought it from eBay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    Details of the warranty should be in the box. It means if there's problems you can contact the manufacturers directly and they should help you. Not sure, but usually manufacturers ask for proof of purchase, which won't count if you bought it from eBay.
    what do you need for proof of purchase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricars)
    what do you need for proof of purchase
    A receipt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    A receipt.
    she says she dosent have it

ReputationRep:
    she says she dosent have it
    Then the warranty is probably void. I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Manufacturers' warranties are almost never transferrable away from the original purchaser and when they are, you will need the purchase receipt or invoice from the original retailer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Manufacturers' warranties are almost never transferrable away from the original purchaser and when they are, you will need the purchase receipt or invoice from the original retailer.
    what can i use other than receipt did i get scammed-she is saying it has manufacturers warranty inside

ReputationRep:
    what can i use other than receipt did i get scammed-she is saying it has manufacturers warranty inside
    It probably does have a warranty inside. But it's essentially pointless without the receipt. Warranties have a time limit (i.e. 2 years) and without the receipt they don't know when you bought it, where you bought it from, or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Does the phone work?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. After all, if you could substitute the original proof of purchase then you could make the warranty last effectively forever.

Either accept the phone without the warranty or send it back.

ReputationRep:
    how can i claim this?
    she says she hasnt opened the box so it may be in there
    Ask the seller to send the receipt for the phone which proves that the phone has been purchased from a retailer and which can verify the date of purchase.

The phone is most likely to have a manufacturer's warranty as is provided as standard by the manufacturers. But without a proof of purchase, it will be extremely difficult to claim on the warranty, so make sure you get the seller to provide you with the receipt.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's doing classic careful ebay wording. "It has manufacturer's warranty" - this is true, it has the warranty inside. It's just that the phone probably won't actually be covered by the warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Maybe she's doing classic careful ebay wording. "It has manufacturer's warranty" - this is true, it has the warranty inside. It's just that the phone probably won't actually be covered by the warranty.
    she got angry too and said she said she is going abroad - itold her that just in case it breaks down i need her details for warranty

she got angry too and said she said she is going abroad - itold her that just in case it breaks down i need her details for warranty
    Is she a private seller or a business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)

private-but square trade warranty is good right i can just get that and its only £80

ReputationRep:

private-but square trade warranty is good right i can just get that and its only £80
    You're going to pay £80 for a warranty for a phone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    You're going to pay £80 for a warranty for a phone?!
    yeh whats wrong with that?
    buy tthe phone cheap on ebay-get your own warranty

ReputationRep:
    yeh whats wrong with that?
    buy tthe phone cheap on ebay-get your own warranty
    a WARRANTY is never worth £80....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.