MarryK
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi everyone. My name is Marry. I have applied to LSBF for MSc STrategic Marketing and have just suddenly received an offer from University of Lincoln for MSc Marketing( apparently they work in partnership), moreover LSBF provides a campus in London. I am now completely confused as I haven't thought about Lincoln at all and haven't done any research either.Image How well respected is its Business department, specifically marketing? If anybody is currently doing it could they please give me some tips and feedback about the teaching and the course itself? Are they gaining what they have been expecting? Would be very much appreciated if you could share your thoughts?Image
P.S I have also applied at King College London but they happened to be quite demanding in terms of references and are now requesting one from an undergraduate lecturer either send to them directly in English or stamped by a certified translator - it's Bulgaria and it's not convenient to get to them...I really don't know if I shall bother with it...
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Do whatever it takes to get into King's, contact lecturer who can write you the reference. The marketing programme is relatively better than LSBF and Lincoln in terms of quality and facilities.
getagood
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
LSBF have ended relationships with University of Wales, London Metropolitan University and Glyndwyr in the last two years.
Any private college that jumps ship that many times and is connected with the only University to have its license revoked has to be avoided. It doesn't matter who the University partner is the organisation / lack of will remain the same.

Everything you see is a polished veneer that washes of quickly. Visiting lecturers like David Blunkett and Tony Blair are all bought.
If the students across the internet's claims about not being refunded are correct then this should indicate where the money has gone.

The recently launched fashion school of LSBF was allegedly a failure with next to no enrolments. It doesn't matter how it's spun the reality will always come out.

Also try to find out the success rate of LSBF ACCA students - Most students I have been told fail.

By the way you will see from my other posts that I dislike LSBF so yes i'm biased, but when you have to see the result of what would be considered crimes in some countries against students on a daily basis I just cant stay quiet
MarryK
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by getagood)
LSBF have ended relationships with University of Wales, London Metropolitan University and Glyndwyr in the last two years.
Any private college that jumps ship that many times and is connected with the only University to have its license revoked has to be avoided. It doesn't matter who the University partner is the organisation / lack of will remain the same.

Everything you see is a polished veneer that washes of quickly. Visiting lecturers like David Blunkett and Tony Blair are all bought.
If the students across the internet's claims about not being refunded are correct then this should indicate where the money has gone.

The recently launched fashion school of LSBF was allegedly a failure with next to no enrolments. It doesn't matter how it's spun the reality will always come out.

Also try to find out the success rate of LSBF ACCA students - Most students I have been told fail.

By the way you will see from my other posts that I dislike LSBF so yes i'm biased, but when you have to see the result of what would be considered crimes in some countries against students on a daily basis I just cant stay quiet
Thank you for your reply. Would you recommend a well respected institution for a master in Marketing? It has to be in London though and preferably a September start. I missed Queen Marry's deadlines and the rest on Russel Group are a bit too costly.
e1kate1rina
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi all!

I need your help

I'm going to start studing at MSc programme next year. The programme's called "Luxury Management". However, I'd like to get pieces of advice what business school is the best SKEMA (France) or LSBF (UK)?
Can you shame with me some experience?
inguninja
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I am really sorry to pose a question like this but, are people who even consider lsbf eligeable for Russell group schools and Kings? Seems to me quite surreal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads