EPQ Watch

martina9696
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya everyone!

I am almost at my final stage of research for my EPQ on motor neurone disease and assisted suicide.

Could you please participate in my survey? It's only one question and won't take you long at all

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K3S6S3P

Also, what is the mid project review about?

Thank you
martina9696
Rep:
?
bump
luvcats
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by martina9696)
Hiya everyone!

I am almost at my final stage of research for my EPQ on motor neurone disease and assisted suicide.

Could you please participate in my survey? It's only one question and won't take you long at all

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K3S6S3P

Also, what is the mid project review about?

Thank you
Filled out the survey - took like a minute too

If I remember correctly, with the EPQ the mid-project review is done when you're about halfway through your EPQ. I did mine when I'd done 3000 words so just over mid-way through my EPQ. It's really about seeing what you've done so far and what else you need to do.

At the beginning, I did loads of research but during the mid-project review both my supervisor and I agreed that more research was necessary for me to get to 5000 words, tie up loose ends and fully answer the question. It's about looking back to your plan you did at the beginning to see if you're still on track, what needs to be changed and/or added to the plan. You may have discovered something new that is particularly relevant or your supervisor may feel that your work is going off on a tangent so this can be an issue. It's just about ensuring that you're still able to complete it and do well on it in the time you have left.
Sarah_Brownlee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Done Martina,

Could you also do mine, will only take 3 minutes max, it's on Celebrity's and whether their scandalous behavior affects the way we perceived the advertisements their in and the brands they endorse.

Thanks, Adam

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aEh...bnsng/viewform
Sarah_Brownlee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doh, I posted someone elses survey link

Here's mine:

https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com...uxfkWPuTreCnf7
martina9696
Rep:
?
(Original post by luvcats)
Filled out the survey - took like a minute too

If I remember correctly, with the EPQ the mid-project review is done when you're about halfway through your EPQ. I did mine when I'd done 3000 words so just over mid-way through my EPQ. It's really about seeing what you've done so far and what else you need to do.

At the beginning, I did loads of research but during the mid-project review both my supervisor and I agreed that more research was necessary for me to get to 5000 words, tie up loose ends and fully answer the question. It's about looking back to your plan you did at the beginning to see if you're still on track, what needs to be changed and/or added to the plan. You may have discovered something new that is particularly relevant or your supervisor may feel that your work is going off on a tangent so this can be an issue. It's just about ensuring that you're still able to complete it and do well on it in the time you have left.

Hiya
Thank you very much! My supervisor said I can't start my dissertation till after the mid project review...
I've already started though.. 800 words. it's so difficult
luvcats
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by martina9696)
Hiya
Thank you very much! My supervisor said I can't start my dissertation till after the mid project review...
I've already started though.. 800 words. it's so difficult
when you first start, it can be difficult and you wonder if you'll ever get to 5000 words.
split it up into sections as that's what I did to make it easier then you see it at lots of sub-sections that go together to make a structured whole.

just keep working on it regularly - I don't get why you're having a mid-project review before you start as the review is supposed to happen halfway through your review...how else can you see what you've done already and what else you need to do?

do plenty of reading around the subject as you'll probably discover new things to write about. also stay updated on your topic and include anything relevant in your EPQ
ejackson7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, i've completed all your surveys, would anyone mind completing mine? I'd really appreciate it! The questions are easy and should only take you two minutes! Thanks http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GJP2YH9
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.07%
No (458)
72.93%

Watched Threads