Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I have applied to study Primary Education 5-11 at York St John in September and I am really, really excited about it!
    All my uni planning has gone to plan so far until I received an email today saying I have been placed in The Grange accommodation. There is nothing wrong with this accommodation but it is one of my lower choices with City Residence being the top (I want an en suite!). Does anyone think I will be able to change my accommodation to city residence or not?
    p.s I have already emailed York telling them that I am unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolfey95)
    Hello!
    I have applied to study Primary Education 5-11 at York St John in September and I am really, really excited about it!
    All my uni planning has gone to plan so far until I received an email today saying I have been placed in The Grange accommodation. There is nothing wrong with this accommodation but it is one of my lower choices with City Residence being the top (I want an en suite!). Does anyone think I will be able to change my accommodation to city residence or not?
    They give out accommodation on first come first serve basis. So, by looks of things others applied before you and got their top choice of accommodation.

You can call them on results day to see about changing your accommodation. I doubt they'd be able to change it now, seeing as it is likely to be full. If it wasn't full, you would have been given a place there.

ReputationRep:
    When you get there, you'll probably find that you love it, but in if you don't then there will be some sort of system to allow you to change halls after you get there (at my uni, you can move after two weeks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would phone them up and see if they are any available spaces in other halls. If there isn't you could try after results day because some people won't meet their offer

ReputationRep:
    I was at YSJ last year and loads of people switched between the accommodations, so don't worry. Percy's Lane is rubbish however, so steer clear of that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolfey95)
    Hello!
    Where about in the grange are you? Grange is the best accommodation at ysj. I have just moved out but it is the most social and a lot easier to make friends. Try change before but if not you can apply for a transfer after you start as people drop out etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 22, 2013
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.