Turn on thread page Beta
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I don't know if someone else posted anything similar, nor was I quite sure where to post this.

I just wanted to thank TSR for being very helpful and having some very lovely users who make it a nice community. Albeit their are some nasty users [came across the first today], but thankfully they're kept to a minimum.

I have found help with work, support for certain things and generally had nice chats with people here. I hope to be a member for a long long time

Keep it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly Seargeant)
    I don't know if someone else posted anything similar, nor was I quite sure where to post this.

I just wanted to thank TSR for being very helpful and having some very lovely users who make it a nice community. Albeit their are some nasty users [came across the first today], but thankfully they're kept to a minimum.

I have found help with work, support for certain things and generally had nice chats with people here. I hope to be a member for a long long time

Keep it up
    It's always nice to have positive feedback - thanks for taking the time to post this.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    It's always nice to have positive feedback - thanks for taking the time to post this.
    Ah no problem. It was two minutes out of my time to put a smile on the faces of the people behind TSR .

ReputationRep:
    Annoyingly there are users which are fairly nasty - however you can help by clicking the 'report post' on any post which you think is breaking the rules. Beyond that, its good you find the site useful
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Annoyingly there are users which are fairly nasty - however you can help by clicking the 'report post' on any post which you think is breaking the rules. Beyond that, its good you find the site useful
    Yeah I weren't sure about reporting. The person was pretty offensive, but I weren't sure if they'd actually broken any rules, hence I chose not to report it. They were just obnoxious and rude.

And yeah I find the site very useful - solves boredom, issues with work and has pretty much advice on everything!

ReputationRep:
    I feel this isn't directed at me in any way but thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I weren't sure about reporting. The person was pretty offensive, but I weren't sure if they'd actually broken any rules, hence I chose not to report it. They were just obnoxious and rude.

And yeah I find the site very useful - solves boredom, issues with work and has pretty much advice on everything!
    I find it is usually best to report if you think it was offensive, or broken another rule - even if you are not sure. By reporting, you are saying to the moderation team "I think this post might need looking at", it is then their decision if it breaks the rules or not.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    I find it is usually best to report if you think it was offensive, or broken another rule - even if you are not sure. By reporting, you are saying to the moderation team "I think this post might need looking at", it is then their decision if it breaks the rules or not.
    Oh ok I will do - it happened hours ago, but I'll still report it anyway. At least then it can be looked at. I'll report one of the posts - there were several. I hope nobody minds that I stuck up for myself on the posts. They were attacking both myself and my sister, due to the topic of discussion. I replied as calmly and politely as possible, stating why I felt their attacks were wrong. But I felt that he was quite rude.

ReputationRep:
    I completely concur. Most of the people here are wonderful.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    I completely concur. Most of the people here are wonderful.
    Oh yes I think 99% of the members are lovely. But as in life there's always the ones who let it down.

No need if you're not entirely sure of the rules - it's often to be better safe than sorry and definitely better than responding in the thread to anything aimed directly at you.

Anyway, what a lovely thread to post.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    No need if you're not entirely sure of the rules - it's often to be better safe than sorry and definitely better than responding in the thread to anything aimed directly at you.

Anyway, what a lovely thread to post.
    Thank you You moderators do a great job here.

And I have reported it now.

I did respond to the poster, but I tried not to argue or be rude. They seemed confused about what I was talking about - I was discussing the fact that they called me fat (I never posted a picture so they wouldn't even know if I were) and I told them it was insensitive and that my sister had suffered anorexia. He persisted to tell me I was fat, so I pointed some things out to them about how that makes anorexia sufferers feel. And they said anorexics were weak people, so I pointed some things out there.

I guess I probably shouldn't have replied, but I tried to keep it light hearted in terms of my replies.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Keep it up
    just want to say I agree with this. thanks tsr. I am no longer bored

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.