The Student Room Group

best Live band

who are the best live band you have ever seen, i reckon i have probably seen well over 100 live bands now, thanks to a couple of Reading Festivals and several support bands so i've seen some shockers and some awesome bands.

best i've seen:

Metallica(just Gods, couldn't fault them)

offspring(sound just like on CD)

AFI (so much energy on stage, they are legends, dave Havok is awesome)

Muse(superb live, and put on one hell of a show)

Linkin Park (not a huge fan but they are awesome live)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Foos :biggrin:
Reply 2
Zapsta
Foos :biggrin:

they were cool at Reading 2 years ago

problem was it was fucking freezing and i had a drenched t-shirt watching them after queing(how do u spell that?) in the rain at the signing tent for sum 41

i didn't enjoy it much cos of the cold
No offence chap, but there are already about 5 threads like this in the Book, TV, Music, film sub-forum already going.

in answer to the question: The London Symphony Orchestra
Reply 4
They were cool at V last year as well.

Problem was it was really warm and the sun was shining... wait, that wasn't a problem. Ah well, was all good then :biggrin:.
Reply 5
Only seen a few at uni, but the darkness were the best. I'd like to see Radiohead, U2 and REM though.
Reply 6
Absolution
No offence chap, but there are already about 5 threads like this in the Book, TV, Music, film sub-forum already going.

in answer to the question: The London Symphony Orchestra

well thats pissed on my parade

oh well, feel free to have this closed
Reply 7
jammyd
Only seen a few at uni, but the darkness were the best. I'd like to see Radiohead, U2 and REM though.

if Darkness are the best i feel sorry for you

they are shocking
sillynarb2
well thats pissed on my parade

oh well, feel free to have this closed

thats one way to put it :wink:
its just a bit silly there are so many threads of the same thing.
nice avatar though, Keira Knightley?
Reply 9
Absolution
thats one way to put it :wink:
its just a bit silly there are so many threads of the same thing.
nice avatar though, Keira Knightley?

i probably even replied in the last 1 but forgot

oh well this can be closed

and yes it is the amazing keira as my avatar
Reply 10
sillynarb2

and yes it is the amazing keira as my avatar

you get my rep?! :wink:

I thought that the bosstones, lessthanjake, blink and linkin were prob the best ive seen.

You say offspring sounded like cd, is that good?!
Reply 11
1) Metallica.... simply the best ...new bassist is really good
Kirk Hammett is a bloody legend (did anyone see them at earl's court in december 2003?)

The white Stripes (you wouldn't think two people could captivate a crowd like they did) anyone see them at brixton recently?

Queens of the stone age ...... easily the best live band before they self-destructed..which is quite sad as i would have liked to see them play again.
Ollie
you get my rep?! :wink:

I thought that the bosstones, lessthanjake, blink and linkin were prob the best ive seen.

You say offspring sounded like cd, is that good?!

yeah, thanks for that :smile: still great to look at my own posts and see keira there :biggrin:

less than Jake are awesome live, but having met them at the signing tent the guy with wierd hair(bassist?) is a twat

Blink 182 are good as well

and yes Offspring sounding like Cd is good but saying that they are probably better live than on Cd, a bit like muse....
Reply 13
Big P
1) Metallica.... simply the best ...new bassist is really good
Kirk Hammett is a bloody legend (did anyone see them at earl's court in december 2003?)

The white Stripes (you wouldn't think two people could captivate a crowd like they did) anyone see them at brixton recently?

Queens of the stone age ...... easily the best live band before they self-destructed..which is quite sad as i would have liked to see them play again.

I saw QotSA at V last year, and didn't think they were particularly outstanding...

And i heard Metallica from my back garden when they played Reading last year...to me it was just noise, and not good noise. I'd heard Blur the night before and could make out the songs, and thought it was probably rather good, but Metallica was just constant droning...

I saw the Chili's also at V, and they weren't amazing, but much better than the other bands that day. Hopefully they'll be really good at Hyde Park.

I've heard Snow Patrol are very good live, as are the Lost Prophets (both played at the union here, although i didn;t se either).
Chicken
I saw QotSA at V last year, and didn't think they were particularly outstanding...

And i heard Metallica from my back garden when they played Reading last year...to me it was just noise, and not good noise. I'd heard Blur the night before and could make out the songs, and thought it was probably rather good, but Metallica was just constant droning...

I saw the Chili's also at V, and they weren't amazing, but much better than the other bands that day. Hopefully they'll be really good at Hyde Park.

I've heard Snow Patrol are very good live, as are the Lost Prophets (both played at the union here, although i didn;t se either).

no you had to be there, they were amazing

Blur were apparentley terrible, Song 2 was totally out of tune, but i missed it cos i was watching the sensational AFI
Zen Baseballbat... none of this mainstream nonsense :tongue:
teamvillage
Zen Baseballbat... none of this mainstream nonsense :tongue:

they are terrible

i am in to Ska very much, but not them....
Reply 17
The best live band are easily Metallica, theyre renowned for it and didnt disappoint when I saw them at reading. Lagwagon, ataris, blink182, offspring, linkin park, are also very good live..
Reply 18
Chicken

Dont even try and say that metallica were bad, they are GODS. Constant droning? Youre clearly just making this up and going along with the popular sterotype that metallica play some sort of death metal...they dont, their songs are full of solos and amazing riffs, theres no shouting, and there isnt any particularly heavy guitar riffs to give a droning noise..
I have only ever seen one band live (Madness). Metallica, Iron Maiden, Joe Satriani and Led Zeppelin all have pretty good live DVDs or CDs though.

Latest

Trending

Trending