best Live band Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I saw QotSA at V last year, and didn't think they were particularly outstanding...

And i heard Metallica from my back garden when they played Reading last year...to me it was just noise, and not good noise. I'd heard Blur the night before and could make out the songs, and thought it was probably rather good, but Metallica was just constant droning...

I saw the Chili's also at V, and they weren't amazing, but much better than the other bands that day. Hopefully they'll be really good at Hyde Park.

I've heard Snow Patrol are very good live, as are the Lost Prophets (both played at the union here, although i didn;t se either).
Well you mentioned Lostprophets in a positive context, so your opinion doesn't really count for anything, but I shall pretend it does (literally for the sake of argument). QOTSA were immense at V, and I'm saying that after nearly being killed during the performance - 3 times! I can only assume that you don't like their music anyway.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Well you mentioned Lostprophets in a positive context, so your opinion doesn't really count for anything, but I shall pretend it does (literally for the sake of argument). QOTSA were immense at V, and I'm saying that after nearly being killed during the performance - 3 times! I can only assume that you don't like their music anyway.
they are apparently amazing live(prophets that is)
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I do like them, some of their songs are very good, however they played the good ones either at the beginning or then end, the middle was a bit tedious.

Plus we didn't get one of the bassist's 'Au Naturel' performances to entertain us!

I haven't seen the Lost Prophets live, just from what my friends were telling me it was one of the best gigs they've seen here.
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
METALLICA!!! no doubt about it
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
went to see Camel at the London Hammersmith Apollo a few months back, ABSOLUTELY MINDBLOWING !!!

ANDY LATIMER (the vocalist/guitarist) did the most amazing guitar and FLUTE solos !!!!!
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
who are the best live band you have ever seen, i reckon i have probably seen well over 100 live bands now, thanks to a couple of Reading Festivals and several support bands so i've seen some shockers and some awesome bands.

best i've seen:

Metallica(just Gods, couldn't fault them)

offspring(sound just like on CD)

AFI (so much energy on stage, they are legends, dave Havok is awesome)

Muse(superb live, and put on one hell of a show)

Linkin Park (not a huge fan but they are awesome live)
chili peppers, wheatus (they're better live than on cd lol) and faithless
J
worst - the Spooks. sweaty shite rapping black men
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
anybody going to see Metallica on the RDS Arena in Dublin on June 25th?
teamvillage
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
they (ZBB) are terrible

i am in to Ska very much, but not them....
Interesting, I can't say I like their CD all that much, but live they are very very good...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise