Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, is it easy for you to attract girls who are just your type? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm not the best looking guy out there but I'm decent I dress good, very hygienic and do my best to taking care of myself. I'm not exactly looking for a model, I'm not very tall and slim built so I simply want a petite type girl. But I only seem to attract chubby girls or average but not exactly petite. Some are very hot and some are bit on the larger side. I've dated a few chubby girls its not so bad but I'm getting old now and just want some one just my type for a settled relationship.

This wasn't the case when I was 16/17 only in the past few years. These "just my type" girls that I'm talking about seem to be okay being friend with me but If I try to go a bit further I face straight up rejection. My friends don't even think these "my type" girls are hot when I show them. So I have no idea no idea what the hell is going on.

Most people probably will have no explanation to this but I want to know if there are other guys or maybe even girls who feel like they are in a similar position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mauryan)
    Basically I'm not the best looking guy out there but I'm decent I dress good, very hygienic and do my best to taking care of myself. I'm not exactly looking for a model, I'm not very tall and slim built so I simply want a petite type girl. But I only seem to attract chubby girls or average but not exactly petite. Some are very hot and some are bit on the larger side. I've dated a few chubby girls its not so bad but I'm getting old now and just want some one just my type for a settled relationship.

This wasn't the case when I was 16/17 only in the past few years. These "just my type" girls that I'm talking about seem to be okay being friend with me but If I try to go a bit further I face straight up rejection. My friends don't even think these "my type" girls are hot when I show them. So I have no idea no idea what the hell is going on.

Most people probably will have no explanation to this but I want to know if there are other guys or maybe even girls who feel like they are in a similar position.

trust me, you're not the only young person who feels this way. I'm almost 19 and I've never had a girlfriend whatsoever, let alone one I would consider to be my 'ideal' type. I often wonder whether sometimes actually taken every girl off the planet that would remotely be interested in dating me, I would describe myself exactly as you've described yourself. Apparently, the best advice, I give this to you second hand, is to be yourself, relax, let life take you along it's path, be comfortable with who you are, seek other personal goals, be confident, get yourself 'out there', smile, be pleasant to all women you encounter, and let a girl find you rather than you searching for her, becuase this smells of desperation. Will this work? So they keep telling me.....

ReputationRep:
    If the petite frame is more important than the looks... Then that might be your fetish. I think every one has one or more, they just don't admit it.

It's just a numbers game... If you ask 100 petite girls. Surely a % will say yes.

If not, then I've no idea buddy, stick with the chubby girls, it's better than none

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by One Man Band)
    trust me, you're not the only young person who feels this way. I'm almost 19 and I've never had a girlfriend whatsoever, let alone one I would consider to be my 'ideal' type. I often wonder whether sometimes actually taken every girl off the planet that would remotely be interested in dating me, I would describe myself exactly as you've described yourself. Apparently, the best advice, I give this to you second hand, is to be yourself, relax, let life take you along it's path, be comfortable with who you are, seek other personal goals, be confident, get yourself 'out there', smile, be pleasant to all women you encounter, and let a girl find you rather than you searching for her, becuase this smells of desperation. Will this work? So they keep telling me.....
    Lol thanks for your advice I'm 23 so if you are following the advice you gave me you are likely to be in the same position for the next 4 years

(Original post by Thetino)
    If the petite frame is more important than the looks... Then that might be your fetish. I think every one has one or more, they just don't admit it.

It's just a numbers game... If you ask 100 petite girls. Surely a % will say yes.

If not, then I've no idea buddy, stick with the chubby girls, it's better than none

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't asked a 100 yet looks like I'll have to keep doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, you could just hold out a magnet in front of yourself.

On a serious note, OP, just continue as you are and your time will come.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry....chill!!!!! You will attract who you do and don't and you can't change that. On the whole I'd say the answer is no

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mauryan)
    My friends don't even think these "my type" girls are hot when I show them. So I have no idea no idea what the hell is going on.
    Give us an example of your type? Maybe post a picture of a celebrity crush, so we can see what this type of yours is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Absolutely, you could just hold out a magnet in front of yourself.
    If she was your type (charge) she would repel, how would a magnet affect this?

Other than that good joke

ReputationRep:
    No it's like getting blood out of a stone.

ReputationRep:
    Going to hazard a guess that the girls that you want are "out of your league".

Only solution is to be fundamentally more attractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.