The Student Room Group

A level Remarks

Hello,
Seeing as exam results shall arrive "soon", I can't stop thinking about my exams.
I'd like to know whether or not your grade can go down if you ask for a remark (I do CIE and AQA examboards)

Thanks!
Original post by GMT
Hello,
Seeing as exam results shall arrive "soon", I can't stop thinking about my exams.
I'd like to know whether or not your grade can go down if you ask for a remark (I do CIE and AQA examboards)

Thanks!

I heard they take the highest mark for AS levels, it does go down for gcses though, my friends did by 1 mark for gcse RE, don't know why he did remark re though :lol:
Reply 2
Thanks!
Original post by GMT
Hello,

Thanks!

It can go down at A-Level although it is rare. A boy I went to school with got a re-mark (as he was 1 mark off any A) and ended up with a D in the end. Also, with re-marks you only get the money back if it goes up a grade which can be annoying as an increase in the grade may be 18 marks but if the re-mark increased your score by 17 you wouldn't get a refund.
Reply 4
Original post by Sophi12
It can go down at A-Level although it is rare. A boy I went to school with got a re-mark (as he was 1 mark off any A) and ended up with a D in the end. Also, with re-marks you only get the money back if it goes up a grade which can be annoying as an increase in the grade may be 18 marks but if the re-mark increased your score by 17 you wouldn't get a refund.

So it can go down??? With all examboards???
Reply 5
No they choose the remarked result no matter what it is.
Reply 6
Original post by GMT
Hello,
I'd like to know whether or not your grade can go down if you ask for a remark (I do CIE and AQA examboards)!

Can't answer for CIE as they haven't signed up to the same rules as other exam boards, but for all the rest, for GCSEs, AS and A level, your mark and your grade can go down. You get a refund if you are cashed-in and the overall grade changes (up or down) or, if you are not cashed in and the unit grade changes. I am fairly sure that for AQA you get a refund if the overall OR the unit grade changes.
Reply 7

P.D. I think CIE is quite obscure... they don't sign up to anything and follow different rules...
You also get the refund if the grade goes down.

The refund is for the unit or the whole subject grade changing. for example, on my english remark last year the unit went up but the overall grade didn't but I still got a refund.

Quick Reply

Latest