Please Help! Watch

NabilC18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So... I would like some knowledge on how bad this is, what the severity of the following is, is there a chance of being penalised in some way and what is the punishment likely to be if so?

Earlier I passed a traffic light thinking it was green. I turned right however the traffic light only signalled green for travelling forward or left. I only realised I made a mistake as I approached the traffic light so I could see clearly however I was too late.

I slowed down to turn right anyway as there was on coming traffic therefore I planned just to pass the line, crawl forward and wait for the opportunity to take the turning. Of course, as I realised my mistake I reversed back (I was only ahead by a metre or so and there was no traffic at all behind me)

Once I got back to the line the light then immediately chaged to green to indicate travelling to the right.There were 2 traffic lights along side each other, one to indicate left or forward or both. The other independant to indicate right.

Note however: I only saw 2 lights and they were both green on the first traffic light (green for straight and green for left). On the traffic light that concerns me however (to turn right) I believe there was no light on at all until I saw the light change to green eventually after I reversed back. I did not see a red light at all. In total from both sets of traffic lights I only saw 2 green lights to indicate forwards and left.

Thank you in advance for any advice, comments or any other input from all
Thetino
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just to clarify... You only passed the light by a meter or so then you reversed back until the right time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
NabilC18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Thetino;43605324]Just to clarify... You only passed the light by a meter or so then you reversed back until the right time?

/QUOTE]

That's right
Thetino
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't worry about it, I can't see any wrong doing.. I've done it a few times myself.... So long as no accidents were caused

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.55%
No (476)
72.45%

Watched Threads