The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No one, including the chief examiners and anyone involved in setting the papers, will know yet.
Reply 2
i meant from the last few years grade boundaries, obviously no one knows exactly what they are going to be this year.
let me put it another way, does anyone know what last year's boundaries were?
Reply 3
77% or thereabouts for an A*, but that's after scaling of marks.
Reply 4
it was about 78% last year for an A*, with a person needing 188/240 UMS points. I think this years was a little harder than last years, so I think maybe a little less then 78%, maybe.. 76? Remember, they decide the grades after they've marked, so unfortunately you'll have to wait until August I'm afraid!
Reply 5
thanks, i just wanted a general idea so i know roughly how many marks i need for paper 2 to get an A*
Reply 6
lizzyd
thanks, i just wanted a general idea so i know roughly how many marks i need for paper 2 to get an A*
Just to be on the safe side, say 80% is an A*. You'll need 60/75 in each paper to get that...

And I actually think that this paper was easier than last year's... A lot of people seemed to find it much easier. But don't spend time worrying about them or the grade boundaries (like I am :redface: ).

I'm sure you'll do fine. :smile: Unlike me, I've calculated that I'll need to get 70/75 in the second paper to get an A*... unlikely. :frown:

Latest