Took the wrong subjects for A Levels! Watch

Fintastic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm doing my A-Levels from Malaysia and my school only offered a limited range of subjects; Further math, math, accounting, economics, physics, biology, law, psychology, literature and chemistry.
I wanted to take a combination of English language, literature, history and music.
I ended up taking a combination of biology, physics, chemistry and math.
In my school, it is compulsory to take math. Sadly, math is my weakest subject and I can barely pass it.
I want to take up a language course in my undergraduate studies but most universities require a A in a English Language or Literature which is a subject that I did not take.

Please help.
Tillybop
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know how things work in Malaysia, but I only took 3 subjects, and I dropped one, leaving me with 2 subjects. I got 3 A grades in my Jan exams, but chemistry just weren't going to help me to get anywhere, so I decided to drop it. I took up a new subject, but my school won't allow me to complete it to A2 level, so I am planning on enrolling at a course outside of school, and complete A level maths that way. If you can find courses outside of school, you might be able to enrol on them alongside your other studies.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Drop Physics and pick up Literature?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?