The Student Room Group

Found out something about my ex

Don't know if I feel crappy about it or just a bit resentful towards her.

I don't speak to my ex at all, no contact etc. and I don't wish to speak to her. I'm way better off with her out my life, and there's a few reasons for that. First one is that when we were going out, she said really early on that she loved me. In fact, I found a Christmas card the other day that she gave me a month after being together where she states she loved me. I wasn't ready to say it back, so she ended it. Me and her had been pretty.... intimate, and she claims she'd never done anything with anyone before - but am doubting it now, but whatever. She cites that as another reason as to why she ended it because of her faith. That and the fact she was jealous of my previous ex.

Anyway she ends it, we get back together a few days later. She sends me this big message saying how much I mean to her. A week later she ends it again. I've now found out a few days after that she starts seeing some new guy, whilst still texting me saying she likes me still. I didn't know about this guy. However, a month after us ending she did tell me she was dating someone, which is when I became a prat and told her I wanted to try again and had feelings for her. She basically said no and that was that, I said I was moving on. Then after a night out - and after only having one drink - she comes on to me, tells me it didn't work with the other guy, says she loves me, stuff happens and she wants to get back together. Next day she wants me to come round, I do, then later on she texts me ending it. She then starts seeing her best guy mate, ends it, and get's with a new guy, texts me to say he's the one and she loves him - and then calls it off. Also during this she says she never really loved me.

What annoys me is the whole 'I love you', then a week later she's with someone else - then has a string of new relationships. Makes me feel as though I was just a stop gap till she found someone new. I dunno if it's something to do me, or it's just her just wanting as many boyfriends as possible? Thoughts?

tl:dr - ex claimed to love me, ends it when I don't say it back, starts seeing people a week after ending it, then comes back to me in between - then ends it again and get's with new guys. Is it a problem with me, or is she just horrible?
Reply 1
I think she's just using you as a backup to get with other 'better' guys.
Reply 2
Sounds like she's trying to make you jealous.

Edit - No OP it is not a problem with you, if you didn't feel ready to say you loved her early on it's not your fault.
(edited 10 years ago)
If I'm being generous she sounds like a very confused girl who doesn't know what she wants and someone like that should really figure it out by herself instead of running back to you all the time. It's not fair on you and gets her nowhere.
Reply 4
I'd advise staying away as you'll just end up hurt again. If she really meant what she said, she wouldn't have left you for someone else.
There's clearly something very wrong with her, and it has nothing to do with you. As you said you're better off without her, and you're also better off not trying to understand what she was thinking the whole time because I don't think even she does. She just seems very bored and in desperate need of attention. Good luck with everything OP.
Reply 6
Original post by RachaelBee
If I'm being generous she sounds like a very confused girl who doesn't know what she wants and someone like that should really figure it out by herself instead of running back to you all the time. It's not fair on you and gets her nowhere.

I doubt that's going to happen, last time we did speak - around mid May, she said she wanted nothing to do with me, and she's told all of our 'mutual friends' what I'm like - i.e. someone who supposedly messed up her life. Told her current boyfriend at the time that I was just a friend who fancied her - which was a lie because we went out for four or so months. Then she texts me saying she has a new number, to which I didn't reply, or save.
Nope, definitely nothing wrong with you, OP.

She either has no idea what she wants, and in that case shouldn't be throwing "love" around so easily when she changes her mind every 2 seconds, or she is just messing people around (keeping you as back up) and being overly clingy with it, too. Either way, she's not really someone you should waste further time or thought on.
She sounds absolutely mental to me - nothing wrong with you most likely.
Reply 9
I hope not lol. Just annoyed me finding out she was 'seeing' someone a WEEK after me. Makes me think she just ended it because she thought there was something else better, didn't work out, tries again, doesn't work out, decides I'm 'good enough', then decides against it. I have no doubt in my mind she'll have a new boyfriend in a month or so. This is why I'm backing off away from relationships for a while.
Cut all contact with her mate, you don't want a girl that's gonna go from boy to boy and keep messing you about in the process.
Reply 11
Don't worry mate, I have. No number, no social networking, nothing. About two months now. Only started this thread when my mate informed me of this... 'update'.
Wow if I was a guy I'd just cut her out of my life. What a weird and obnoxious girl.
Heck, even being a girl, I would still cut out someone like that out of my life.

:eek:
Reply 13
Original post by ashleighgiles
Wow if I was a guy I'd just cut her out of my life. What a weird and obnoxious girl.
Heck, even being a girl, I would still cut out someone like that out of my life.

:eek:

Yeah. I have done as much as I can. Changed numbers etc, blocked on social networking sites etc. etc. etc. She can't cope being alone, apparently. Makes me think whether she actually liked me. Or just felt guilty about doing stuff with me and wanted to block it, and me out.
Reply 14
... what did i just read
She sounds like a bit of a loony tune. Start seeing other people she's mental.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah. I have done as much as I can. Changed numbers etc, blocked on social networking sites etc. etc. etc. She can't cope being alone, apparently. Makes me think whether she actually liked me. Or just felt guilty about doing stuff with me and wanted to block it, and me out.

Whatever her reasons are, its still not right. If I had to put myself in her shoes, I would say that she's just being selfish. Loneliness may be one thing, but being overly attached is something else - especially since she's no longer in a relationship with you.

Thumbs up for your decision-making! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending