ReputationRep:
    Cals per 100ml: 65
    Protein: 3.4
    Carbs: 4.7

Yeah I can't math.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    right, I've done the calculations.

Theres approximately 28.9 thousand calories, 90000 carbs, 0g of protein and 1 microgram of intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    1 pint = 568.26ml
    1ml will have 65/100=0.65cals
    therfore 1 pint will have 568.26x0.65=369.369 (interesting number) calories.

This is a clear example of why we need to get rid of Imperial measurments. If it was calculating the calories in a liter of milk nistead then it would simply have been 65*10=650cals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelob)
    right, I've done the calculations.

Theres approximately 28.9 thousand calories, 90000 carbs, 0g of protein and 1 microgram of intelligence.
    Genuinely made me lol.

ReputationRep:
    surely it would depend on whether it's skimmed, semi skimmed or whole milk (or jersey goldtop which has even more fat content.)

ReputationRep:
    Just multiply them by 5.68 each...

369.2 kcal
    19.3g protein
    27g carbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter12345)
    1 pint = 568.26ml
    1ml will have 65/100=0.65cals
    therfore 1 pint will have 568.26x0.65=369.369 (interesting number) calories.

This is a clear example of why we need to get rid of Imperial measurments. If it was calculating the calories in a liter of milk nistead then it would simply have been 65*10=650cals.
    No, this is a clear example of why numeracy needs to be pushed in school.

If you don't have a calculator and want to convert 100ml stats to pints - take the 100ml figure, multiply by 5, then divide the same 100ml figure by two and add it on - 550ml as an approximation is only a few calories out thus is as accurate as you need for tracking purposes.

65*5= 650/2 = 325
    65/2 = 325/10 = 32.5

Thus, you get 1 pint is roughly 347.5Cals and the few calories difference from the 'exact' is probably eaten up by the natural variation in fat content (the macros on the bottle are worked out from samples and aren't as exact as you think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    No, this is a clear example of why numeracy needs to be pushed in school.

If you don't have a calculator and want to convert 100ml stats to pints - take the 100ml figure, multiply by 5, then divide the same 100ml figure by two and add it on - 550ml as an approximation is only a few calories out thus is as accurate as you need for tracking purposes.

65*5= 650/2 = 325
    65/2 = 325/10 = 32.5

Thus, you get 1 pint is roughly 347.5Cals and the few calories difference from the 'exact' is probably eaten up by the natural variation in fat content (the macros on the bottle are worked out from samples and aren't as exact as you think)
    OR you could forget pints and just do 65x10. Where is the logic in keeping systems that require unnecessarily long methods of conversion? People just want answers, they don't want to wave their mathematical dicks around saying "look at me I can do really long sums". Teach kids the simplest method and it has a better chance of sticking. Not everyone is a maths genius like yourself. Imperial has no advantage whatsoever over metric it is simply still alive due to nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome if you're looking to bulk But yeah, you dumb.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.