The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by ninalicious97
I love these verses. It just makes you feel so secure in yourself. Thanks for sharing ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

No probs, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's preaching as the vicar continues with Revelations. Anything uplifting to report and I'll add it on here.:smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Awwww! :h: :love: :h:

Hello Goat Girl. You asked to be updated on rainfall. Well we got a little rain last night and it's still raining as of 9:00am. I doubt it was a 1/4 inch but it will help local farmers. I know the catfish in our pond will appreciate it. 29 counties have been told there will be no state water allocations this year. First time that's ever happened. The cloud cover is thinning out so it doesn't look like much more is coming. Might be a good time to start a well digging business. I suppose it is what it is.
Original post by Oldcon1953
Hello Goat Girl. You asked to be updated on rainfall. Well we got a little rain last night and it's still raining as of 9:00am. I doubt it was a 1/4 inch but it will help local farmers. I know the catfish in our pond will appreciate it. 29 counties have been told there will be no state water allocations this year. First time that's ever happened. The cloud cover is thinning out so it doesn't look like much more is coming. Might be a good time to start a well digging business. I suppose it is what it is.

Glad there is some rain at least but that still sounds pretty serious. Thanks for the update: I'll pray for more rain :sadnod:
Reply 2443
Hey guys! Prayers would be really appreciated for my sister. She has a bout of gastroenteritis and really isn't feeling all that great. :frown: Thank you so much!!
Original post by jemi38
Hey guys! Prayers would be really appreciated for my sister. She has a bout of gastroenteritis and really isn't feeling all that great. :frown: Thank you so much!!

Ah no! Sounds rotten, the poor thing :frown: Definitely will pray for her :yes:
Prayer request: Feeling quite ill and unsafe and not sure family really understand. Very nervous about my psychiatrist's appointment tomorrow and would appreciate prayers that I don't cry hysterically, scream at anyone, or get locked up :frown:
Prayer request: Feeling quite ill and unsafe and not sure family really understand. Very nervous about my psychiatrist's appointment tomorrow and would appreciate prayers that I don't cry hysterically, scream at anyone, or get locked up :frown:

Shall be praying, but remember there's nothing bad about crying and stuff, bottling up emotions isn't good :hugs:

Also remember Julian of Norwich :yep:
Reply 2447
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Also remember Julian of Norwich :yep:

:giggle:

loving someone else telling TLG this.
Original post by Aula

:colonhash:

:teehee:

:grouphugs:
Original post by Aula

TLG has wise words, just sometimes needs reminding of them!

:colonhash:

:teehee:

:grouphugs:

:jumphug: shared on fb but in case you haven't seen, fluffy cats to cheer you up: http://owliver.tumblr.com/post/75504681700
:gah: :love: :h:
Reply 2451
Noor90 is back on, having apparently escaped her parents and their plans for sending her to Pakistan - YEY! :biggrin:

Love it when a story has a happy ending :h:
Original post by Diety
Noor90 is back on, having apparently escaped her parents and their plans for sending her to Pakistan - YEY! :biggrin:

Praise the Lord! I just hope she can continue to stay safe :yes:
Psychiatrist's appointment went OK. Feeling sad and stupid but they were very nice, so that's the main thing :colondollar:
Psychiatrist's appointment went OK. Feeling sad and stupid but they were very nice, so that's the main thing :colondollar:

Glad it was okay sweetie, and very glad that they were very nice
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Glad it was okay sweetie, and very glad that they were very nice

Thanks hun :hugs:
Reply 2456
Ah no! Sounds rotten, the poor thing :frown: Definitely will pray for her :yes:

Thank you so much! :smile: She felt so much better today and even went to school!
Reply 2457
Original post by Diety

Hello! Racoon PM'd me and let me know that the Christian society was aware of what happened and were praying for me. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, I would have posted in here sooner but I was not quoted and did not know that you had been informed :smile:

I read a few pages in this thread and a few of you seem to be going through a rough patch. Allow me to share some of my favorite quotes by Jesus Christ:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

"So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you."

"And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time."

I hope things get better for you soon and for those of you who are not facing any difficulties, I hope it stays that way! :smile:
Original post by jemi38
Thank you so much! :smile: She felt so much better today and even went to school!

Great stuff :smile:

Original post by Noor90
Hello! Racoon PM'd me and let me know that the Christian society was aware of what happened and were praying for me. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, I would have posted in here sooner but I was not quoted and did not know that you had been informed :smile:

I read a few pages in this thread and a few of you seem to be going through a rough patch. Allow me to share some of my favorite quotes by Jesus Christ:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

"So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you."

"And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time."

I hope things get better for you soon and for those of you who are not facing any difficulties, I hope it stays that way! :smile:

I am so relieved you are OK. I know I can't really help with your situation but if it would help to PM a fellow Asian, then please do feel free to drop me a line :hugs:

Thank you for your verses too :h:
Dear friends :-)
I've posted on here before, and I hope I don't become too much of a burden!!
However, I am currently starting the second trimester of this year at university and I'm really struggling to get the software to run on my, or anybody's, computer. This is frightening me since I'm in the final year of ny degree, and I just can't seem to find a solution anywhere! Furthermore what's ironic about this is that my undergraduate degree is in computing science, I should really know how to solve these problems. God, however, is eternal and transcends everything of this world. He is not confined by dimensions like we are, so I'm sure that with His holy provision that some solution can be revealed to me. Any advice on such matters will be most welcome <3
Also, I have an interview coming up soon for the PGDE course. Could I please request your prayers at this time, since the day that follows is going to be difficult (I don't feel confident enough to discuss that here; some people on this forum know me from reality).
Thank you and may God bless you all :-D
It's really encouraging to see us as Christian students help each other out :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending