TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sam_Coburn
Haha sure is :smile: Nice to meet you all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya, how's it going? :smile:

Original post by SiMan
So anyone here like Christian music?

Chris Tomlin is probably my favourite christian artist - if you haven't seen it check out his "How Great is Our God/How Great Thou Art" video on youtube - simply amazing!
Original post by SiMan

What sort of Christian music? I'm a bit of an oldie who loves a good hymn, but some modern worship music is nice :biggrin:
Original post by SiMan

Prefer the modern upbeat ones. Most songs after 2000ish really.

People like Worship Central, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, Matt Redman, NewDay(youth festival held in the summer. Check out their albums on amazon or itunes... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FQ5OS5M/ref=sr_1_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B00FQ5OUC8&qid=1381936812&sr=1-1
Welcome newbies!
Original post by SiMan

Yep - not everything, but there's some great music out there! I like Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin quite a lot, and there's some interesting stuff by the Rend Collective Experiment and Hillsong...
Original post by SiMan
Hi, thank you. I'm fine. I love the response I get from this thread! :biggrin:

Good to hear! :hat2:
Reply 1185
Original post by Quornslice
Heya, how's it going? :smile:

Chris Tomlin is probably my favourite christian artist - if you haven't seen it check out his "How Great is Our God/How Great Thou Art" video on youtube - simply amazing!

Original post by Alice_95
What sort of Christian music? I'm a bit of an oldie who loves a good hymn, but some modern worship music is nice :biggrin:

Original post by Roloing_around
Prefer the modern upbeat ones. Most songs after 2000ish really.

People like Worship Central, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, Matt Redman, NewDay(youth festival held in the summer. Check out their albums on amazon or itunes... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FQ5OS5M/ref=sr_1_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B00FQ5OUC8&qid=1381936812&sr=1-1

Original post by Feefifofum
Welcome newbies!

Yep - not everything, but there's some great music out there! I like Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin quite a lot, and there's some interesting stuff by the Rend Collective Experiment and Hillsong...

Yeah been listening to a lot of them lately. But some quite new songs I like; Oceans-Hillsong and One desire-Keri Jobe! :biggrin:
It's nice that your all familiar with them!
Hello and welcome to all the new people. :biggrin: :wavey: :hugs:

:hugs: gemma, I hope they get something sorted for you soon. :frown:
Reply 1187
Hello to all the new peeps.
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the Lord your God, he is the one who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you"

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path."

Proverbs 3:5-6

I love these verses :biggrin::cool:
Could I request prayers please? Really struggling with the idea of my future and still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Just feel like i'm not anywhere near ready to start even thinking about it all, but have to make some decisions soon that could influence what happens and i'm REALLY scared :/
Could I request prayers please? Really struggling with the idea of my future and still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Just feel like i'm not anywhere near ready to start even thinking about it all, but have to make some decisions soon that could influence what happens and i'm REALLY scared :/

I'll pray that the Lord guides you and sends His Spirit upon you to give you the wisdom you need.

Remember no matter where you end up, God will have placed you there in His plan. I find it comforting because it means that no matter what decision I make, God's got it sorted.
Reply 1193
Started my day of with this! Good morning everyone and God bless you today! :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvfMDhTyMA
(edited 10 years ago)

Praying for you hun. And sorry I keep disappearing off Facebook. Dad is flying out today and so keeps dragging me into the mess that is his packing :nothing:

:lovehug:
All my love and prayers hun. :hugs:
Reply 1196

Praying. :yes: :hugs:
Original post by SiMan

Yes. Taverner, Byrd, Tallis, Lassus, Gibbons, Chesnokov, Kastalsky, Bortniansky... Oh, and traditional Georgian polyphony! That selection might not have been exactly what you meant!

In other news, "Christ himself is joy. He is a joy that transforms you into a different person." - Elder Porphyrios.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1198
Original post by OurSeaBee
Yes. Taverner, Byrd, Tallis, Lassus, Gibbons, Chesnokov, Kastalsky, Bortniansky... Oh, and traditional Georgian polyphony! That selection might not have been exactly what you meant!

In other news, "Christ himself is joy. He is a joy that transforms you into a different person." - Elder Porphyrios.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I understand what you mean.. there are many traditional or classical which I like. But yes Christ himself is a joy and we can express this joy and happiness in a His worship through the music we sing to Him! :smile:
Original post by SiMan
Well I understand what you mean.. there are many traditional or classical which I like. But yes Christ himself is a joy and we can express this joy and happiness in a His worship through the music we sing to Him! :smile:

I am a huge fan of Elder Porphyrios. He expressed things in such a clear and simple way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending