Turn on thread page Beta

Short term Internet help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Sorry if this is in the wrong place...)

i was wondering if anyone knew of a company that provides "pay monthly" Internet at low cost?
    my boyfriend works as a harvest student and lives in a house on the farm with 6/7 others. As its just for harvest they will only be there for 3 or 4 months so obviously don't want to enter into a long contract...

any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    ​anyone...?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...7C33014311.htm

Not technically a broadband company or pay monthly but this is your best bet.

With companies you normally have to sign a fixed term contract

ReputationRep:
    You could purchase a dongle from o2 or a similar mobile network and just pay each month then stop when you no longer need it (can top it up like a phone)

downside is you might not get coverage if its in a rural area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeM90)
    You could purchase a dongle from o2 or a similar mobile network and just pay each month then stop when you no longer need it (can top it up like a phone)

downside is you might not get coverage if its in a rural area
    Or Argos

Yeah that is true: I barely get 3G at the moment think its because Derby is in the process of upgrading to 4G.. EE are ****!!

ReputationRep:
    Giffgaff, very good cost effective for my phone, £10= proper unlimited Internet etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    Or Argos

Yeah that is true: I barely get 3G at the moment think its because Derby is in the process of upgrading to 4G.. EE are ****!!
    True, but id rather get one with the sim card/top up details etc all in one package from say o2

Use to live there (Derby), internet in general was alot better than it is here lol, not to mention buses,trains and stuff to do in general but thats realy irrelivant lol

Tbh I would usualy connect to BT hotspots from phone rather than a mobile network, I find the wifi beats 3g every time, but alot of people dont have BT so thats not really an option lol

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.