kwatkins2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have just been given a 40 mark question to answer in Geography...
With reference to examples, assess the degree to which the level of economic development of a country affects planning and management in urban areas.
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can go about answering this question? As in structure etc...?
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
User995789
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kwatkins2)
I have just been given a 40 mark question to answer in Geography...
With reference to examples, assess the degree to which the level of economic development of a country affects planning and management in urban areas.
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can go about answering this question? As in structure etc...?
Why did they give you this?? Its at A2 you learn how to answer it.
[email protected]$$
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Define development and discuss how it is measured

Begin explaining development issues in both poor and rich areas and sprinkle in case study details to support each point. Issues you could talk may include: poor sanitation, informal sector, lack of housing, congestion, overpopulation, inadequate infrastructure, waste disposal, transport etc. When talking about each of these issues demonstrate synopicity by explaining the underlying the processes responsible e.g. mass urbanisation, suburbanisation, counter-urbanisation and decentralization of retailing (which are all relevant).

With each issue compare and contrast the approaches taken in both poor and rich areas.

Conclude the essay by stating how urban issues and therefore management strategies differ in both poor and rich countries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed