Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel P5 next Friday anyone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How confident are you for Friday? Do you prefer P5 or P6? Don't really like vectors in P6 because of all of the stuff you have to commit to memory, so I'd have to prefer P5 myself.

Good luck for Friday!

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, P5 ...

Having done P3 on Tuesday (we did it late in our college) and still finding stuff in that hard, methinks P5 should be even more fun!

kinda glad i'm not doing P6 (good luck btw) apparently last year, in our college at least the results were dismal, and the paper was, apparently appauling!

Methinks i might just concentrate on other exams .. and just hope for damage limitation with P5!

Rob

ReputationRep:
    Hey...I've got P5 aswell.

I'm quite confident...just been doing some past papers. Didn't find them too bad. I find once I've figured out how to tackle the question the algebra and integration etc isn't too bad.

I havn't done P6 as we opted to do M4 instead. M4 should be ok but I haven't really started revising it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Whats M4 like ?

in an ideal world I think i'd just like to do all the Mechanics modules ... they just seem to be more fun...

Rob

ReputationRep:
    M4's quite tricky...got lots of relative motion vector questions and damped oscillations where you can get complex solutions. You have to use P4 to get the general solutions (CF + PI and all that stuff)

Anyone done M3 this year...thought it went rather well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, M3 seemed quite alrite, I can't remember a single part of it, but I remember it being ok!

Mainly straightforward stuff, the only thing I remember not being able to do was integrate something to the correct value, but thats more than likely my duff workings

Rob

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...it was only the last question with the integration by parts that was a bit unexpected for M3.

i got p5 as well. i havent revised a bit. but still quite confident cos i can just bluff my way through. i prefer p6 cos once you get the hang of it, its easy.

M3 wasnt that bad, but the lasat questions once i intergratedf i forgot to put in the second limit which was so stupid. i probably get marks for method anyway

good luck on ur exams.

i got STEP 2 and STEP 3 as well. and they are fuc*ing hard.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.