The Student Room Group

I don't understand why she's acting like this

Ok, so there is a girl that I met at Uni who I got on really well with and I liked her but waited 2 years to tell her. I asked her if she was seeing anyone and her response was "Yeah, I' am. Are you?" to which I said back "No, you probably know why I asked now - still friends, yeah? To which she said "Of course!" Everything was fine for about a week and then she blocked me on Facebook wasn't retuning texts. I asked her what was wrong... to which she said she didn't want to give me false hope. I seen her in town (a month later) unplanned - she smiled and started walking towards me. I felt a bit weirded out by the situation and just walked on. Why is she acting like this - I don't understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Maybe she was worried it would be awkward... so cut off from you for a bit, but when you saw her in town she felt normal and went to say hi.

She wanted to remain friends but I've been in her position before and you need some space from the other person, but she's just trying to be friendly like you've suggested, after she's cooled off.
Reply 2
Original post by rosee92
Maybe she was worried it would be awkward... so cut off from you for a bit, but when you saw her in town she felt normal and went to say hi.

She wanted to remain friends but I've been in her position before and you need some space from the other person, but she's just trying to be friendly like you've suggested, after she's cooled off.

What was going through your head when you were in that position?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Why would you want to remain friends with her?
Reply 4
Original post by asoftersin
What was going through your head when you were in that position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite honestly, a feeling of 'oh ****' :frown: I felt sad because I knew our relationship wouldn't be the same again, and it's a line that gets used a lot, but I felt like I'd lost a good friend. Just because the feelings had been revealed didn't mean I didn't want to stop being friends, but I knew that the relaxed, friendly nature of the relationship would be altered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending