Help! Watch

Michael567
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am hoping you can help me or give me some advice on what to do for my student finance. I need to prove my parents are separated from each other and that I only live with my mom. The problem I'm having is that my mom can't get hold of the
council tax notification (single person discount). I believe this to be because of my age. I'm currently 20 so the council don't believe that I've been at college the past two years (even thought I given them a letter from the college).
Until I get that council tax letter I won't be getting my grant from student finance.

Can you give me any advice on what to do?
my parents are separated but are still married to each other so I don't know what to do.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

We would also accept a Decree Nisi or Decree Absolute if your parents have legally separated or divorced, we would also accept a solicitor's letter to confirm this.

If your mum doesn't have any of those documents, she could request a Statutory Declaration be drawn up by a local solicitor's office.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
28.88%
No - I got the required grades (110)
58.82%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise