The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cryptographic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
The bill has been a project for most of the term.
Please god say that you meant to say week instead of term, more holes than swiss cheese in that thing.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cryptographic)
Please god say that you meant to say week instead of term, more holes than swiss cheese in that thing.
OK it took several months to get started on bill-writing, but the idea's floated around for most of the term.
Cryptographic
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
OK it took several months to get started on bill-writing, but the idea's floated around for most of the term.
Ok, that makes more sense.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

The bottom right one is the most worrying for the Conservatives.
I find it highly unlikely that he'd increase his vote share or that every lost voter from 2010 will go to Ukip.

I'll look at it deeper but that looks dodgy to me.
Cryptographic
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I find it highly unlikely that he'd increase his vote share or that every lost voter from 2010 will go to Ukip.

The fact that there is no current Tory candidate, and that he has had a major publicity fest will skew it a bit. However the 'like Carswell' bit is at 20% of the voters is quite hopeful for them.

However the poll should do the job of persuading other potential jumpers.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Daily Mail is supposed to be dodgy.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The fact that there is no current Tory candidate, and that he has had a major publicity fest will skew it a bit. However the 'like Carswell' bit is at 20% of the voters is quite hopeful for them.

However the poll should do the job of persuading other potential jumpers.
Looking at the UK polling site it looks to be a Survation poll who tend to show higher Ukip support anyway. I'm also deeply suspicious that the Labour vote would collapse to such an extent. The by-election pattern this parliament is for them to stand still at worst though the Lib Dem fall looks in line.
Mechie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why has the God Save the Queen thread been binned, yet the republican one is still there?!?!
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Why has the God Save the Queen thread been binned, yet the republican one is still there?!?!
It's a conspiracy...
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
It's a conspiracy...
:O
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Both are now gone. They were all nothing but spammy threads so y'all would probably be better off bringing it into here if that's alright please.

It's annoying that all of this has happened on probably my least active weekend for several months :rolleyes: I've been observing from the sidelines but not really had the best chance to sit down and deal with it til now. Even then I'm sat in London on an iphone that's probably gonna die soon (on the plus side I'm sat outside the real House so if I get political withdrawal I won't have to walk far)

To give my opinion on the proceedings; I would close polls early every now and then when I was Speaker particularly when the result was really really clear but here it would have been best if it was kept open just due to how close it was, I have seen these things change with mins to spare before. There's no reason for anyone to start another witch hunt at Faland though, he's made the right decision to relaunch the poll and whatever the result we need to put it all behind us once we know the outcome.
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I can't say I'm shocked that immigration is the key to UKIP's concerns. I like interesting little charts, although results never go as planned with these
Blue Meltwater
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

All I can say is I'm glad I don't live in Clacton.
The Champion.m4a
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
The family who until earlier this evening were the Royal Family are descended from the House of Hannover. It had gone 1801 hours there when the poll closed.

It is only in Great Britain and Northern Ireland that Elizabeth Windsor is now no longer the Head of State. Elizabeth is still Queen and Head of State in Australia, New Zealand and 12 other countries or territories.

I am now thinking about the manifesto I will put forward when the time comes. As I have resigned from the House I am now leaving the bar.
Isn't that every single white person is descended from them?
The Champion.m4a
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
I could comfort Charles, if he so wishes...?
Harry is mine.
Republic1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You only have to glance at Clacton to see why. It's another one of those typical all-British, elderly, white, constituencies with very little immigration.

2001 Census Results:

Over 60: 37.1% - Second highest in UK in 2001
White: 98.7%
Born outside UK: 3.6%

Once again UKIP gaining ground in areas virtually unaffected by the so called "problems" that Farage is campaigning against.

I know these results are 2001 results but I imagine not much has changed since then.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by clh_hilary)
Harry is mine.
That's alright with me.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Very surprising, although a UKIP-Conservative pact would be surely what would happen, should UKIP boom?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Very surprising, although a UKIP-Conservative pact would be surely what would happen, should UKIP boom?
I don't think a pact will occur, Cameron is smart enough to know that enabling Ukip would be one of the worst things he could do in the long term.

Personally I would consider such a pact an act of weakness and would vote against the Tories accordingly.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (111)
58.42%
No (79)
41.58%

Watched Threads