This discussion is closed.
username280380
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Birchington)
How's everyone after the 'great storm'?
Pretty shocked - the bus that turned over I was considering getting. Thank god I said no to my girlfriend last night!
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Republic1)
Is this a series on at the minute or an old show? Sounds interesting
It has just been on last week. It's still on iPlayer if you're interested - well worth a watch.

(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
Pretty shocked - the bus that turned over I was considering getting. Thank god I said no to my girlfriend last night!
Good call there, it looked nasty.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
http://www.buzzfeed.com/scott/stunni...erground-homes

Fancy being a hobbit?

Some are actually exceptional.
Oh, I could definitely live in some of those!

As for the storm - just some rain here, nothing bad, thank goodness.
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Storm here in London, as predicted, destroyed the public transport Never seen so many lines on the underground facing severe delays. And of course the trains were equally as affected.

Quite worrying that my Dad lives in the area where the house exploded killing 2. Was worrying if he could've been hurt (As it took out 3 surrounding houses I believe). Thankfully he was fine (The explosion was close but not his road).
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DivinityA)
Storm here in London, as predicted, destroyed the public transport Never seen so many lines on the underground facing severe delays. And of course the trains were equally as affected.

Quite worrying that my Dad lives in the area where the house exploded killing 2. Was worrying if he could've been hurt (As it took out 3 surrounding houses I believe). Thankfully he was fine (The explosion was close but not his road).
Going by what my family still down there said, the tube was even worse than it normally is during the snow. Although I am just about old enough to remember the day of the 7/7 bombings when the entire network had to be shut down completely.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Trick or Treat!
LETSJaM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Treat. I has brownies!

<3 x
bun
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Neither. It's lights off and pretend I'm not in till the little scheissers naff off for me tonight
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anybody ever searched their own username on here? Just did mine and turns out one of my old quotes was put into an article with a reference to me.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Neither. It's lights off and pretend I'm not in till the little scheissers naff off for me tonight
I opened the door once and just said "no" before closing it, the look the parent gave me was incredible.
bun
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I opened the door once and just said "no" before closing it, the look the parent gave me was incredible.
Haha brilliant! They'll probably have your house blacklisted now though
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Anybody ever searched their own username on here? Just did mine and turns out one of my old quotes was put into an article with a reference to me.
I just get a definition of the verb "jarred" because my parents spelt my name wrong.
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone ever had experience with telephone canvassing for a political party? I'm doing it next week and slightly anxious as I've always hated people who pester you at home but now I'm the one doing it. What should I expect?
StatusRed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Total number of items I've now lost on nights out at Uni is up to 2. Driving licence and debit card!
Mechie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Moving to many places would be nice.
Yep. I'm kinda obsessed with moving to Denmark to be honest. I'm probably putting it on a pedestal to be better than it actually is though :lol: The fact there's so many barriers preventing me going does get me a bit down though.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by StatusRed)
Total number of items I've now lost on nights out at Uni is up to 2. Driving licence and debit card!
Ouch That sounds like a pain to sort out. I was convinced I'd lost my phone when I woke up this morning, only to find it on my windowsill - I have no idea why it was there, but I'm grateful it wasn't still in the club!
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mechie)
Yep. I'm kinda obsessed with moving to Denmark to be honest. I'm probably putting it on a pedestal to be better than it actually is though :lol: The fact there's so many barriers preventing me going does get me a bit down though.
Denmark has always seemed appealing, besides the taxes of course. Though I think Canada has always been somewhere I've wanted to move, or even visit.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mechie)
Don't you want to stay and try your luck in an independent Scotland?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
Don't you want to stay and try your luck in an independent Scotland?
Much as I hope they're wrong, pretty much ever poll since 2011 has shown a pretty convincing lead for the No vote has it not?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
Much as I hope they're wrong, pretty much ever poll since 2011 has shown a pretty convincing lead for the No vote has it not?
I know, I should have put a at the end of my post....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.49%
No (66)
98.51%

Watched Threads