The Student Room Group

People shouting stuff out of car windows at you when you're walking

Scroll to see replies

I was walking with my boyfriend when a few lads in a small car shouted "get your tits out!" at me, so my boyfriend shouts "yeah alright!" and lifts his top up for all to see. Classic.
Original post by marcus2001
Had someone call me a bus ****er once, the idiot then drove onto the pavement out of panic and got his car stuck. He was literally squealing his sorry's when I throttled him through the window though, thing is his car was so **** I'd rather take the bus anyway

Seriously, did you have to go that far? Stop trying to come across as an alpha male.
Reply 62
Original post by Tim2341
Some guy shouted at me from a taxi queue once, thinking I was trying to push in. I was trying to crossing the effin road. It shut him up when he saw I wasn't even after a loser taxi cab.

I remember a few years back two friends and I were walking along the street in Birkenhead which has most of the night clubs on a week night only to get squared up on and told by a bouncher "sorry not tonight" in an agressive tone when we were a few feet away from him (I assume he did it to try to look tough in front of the girl he was trying to chat up as we were all early 20s, werent drunk nor dressed in a way which was unsuitable) . It was especially awarkard because none of us wanted to nor tried to get into that club, we were actually walking towards the train station to go over to go out in Liverpool...:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
I get a lot of people shouting "IVEY IVEY IVEY" from their car windows.
Funny. I was waiting at the bus stop and someone shouts "bus c***" at me. Sure that's not even correct.
Reply 65
Never
Reply 66
Original post by marcus2001
Had someone call me a bus ****er once, the idiot then drove onto the pavement out of panic and got his car stuck. He was literally squealing his sorry's when I throttled him through the window though, thing is his car was so **** I'd rather take the bus anyway

Yeah right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Jakaroo94
So a 'chav' is a 'ned' in Scotland? Didn't know that! Haha :smile:

Stands for 'Non Educated Delinquent' :tongue:
Original post by Homeless Goomba
Seriously, did you have to go that far? Stop trying to come across as an alpha male.

lol it's off the inbetweeners you imbeciles
It's happened to me lots! When I was at secondary school, every day I'd get off the bus and begin walking up the road, then a car would drive past and start shouting. I could never hear what they would say, but it'd always make my sister and I jump. :frown: I try not to take it personally, but I couldn't help to be offended. Some people are so cruel!
Original post by Homeless Goomba

Seriously, do you not watch The Inbetweeners :facepalm:
Reply 72
Original post by WoodyMKC
I got a "bus wannnkerrr" just last month actually. Funny thing is, I wasn't even waiting for a bus, I was waiting to cross the road to get to my car.

Bus ****er? Are people still saying that? Inbetweeners was like 3 years ago :rolleyes:
Original post by Yazmina
Bus ****er? Are people still saying that? Inbetweeners was like 3 years ago :rolleyes:

The Inbetweeners is the best! Yes they do :tongue: I'm either the sender or receiver of bus ****er but hey I can take a joke; some people can't though :/

It is funny though to see people's faces when you shout it out of the car window.. you could shout worser stuff tbf that can offend people - now that isn't funny.
I was walking with friends to college about three years ago and someone in a car chucked a full cup of McDonald's coke at us. It missed completely, but I can't help but think they were total idiots because they pulled into exactly the same college as we were going to. Anyway to cut a long story short, we walked past their care with a key dragging against the paintwork.

It's the only time I've managed to have at least some measure of revenge on people shouting stuff from cars. I like to think shouting stuff from cars is similar to keyboard warriors on the Internet. :biggrin:
Reply 75
Some guy in a white van randomly thrown an almost full 2 litre water bottle at my little sister once (she was 11 at the time). Bastard drove away too fast to get his number plate or company. wtf is wrong with some people?
Original post by _N_
Some guy in a white van randomly thrown an almost full 2 litre water bottle at my little sister once (she was 11 at the time). Bastard drove away too fast to get his number plate or company. wtf is wrong with some people?

:frown: was she okay?
All the time. Lewd comments, insults, even just leering. It makes me sick. They have no reason to do it other than to make people feel uncomfortable and intimidated. I give them the finger now as I argued back with someone before and he became really threatening - I don't know how else to deal with it.

Here's a similar incident, pretty much happens every day. About a month ago I was walking back from university with a friend, and two men crossed our path and told us to "smile, because you should be happy" - sorry but who are you to tell us what to do? We've had a bad day, our moods aren't going to be dictated to us by people we've never met. We ignored them, only for them to become aggressive and then start commenting on our backsides and all sorts of disgusting comments about what they would do to us in a dark alley. They then proceeded to follow us, and so we had to hang around in a shop for half an hour before we could go home. Why?! Am I not allowed out in public or something?

I've established that it's less about clothing (I regularly get catcalled while in winter clothing) - so what the hell is it?!
Reply 78
Happens to males to. I used to get it a lot...
I've had it several times. I don't know what they shout though. Wolf-whistling too, which some would take as a compliment, but I hate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending