Counselling during the holidays Watch

Fionnuisce
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I saw a counsellor at university until around March due to a number of issues, and I'm finding that, over the past couple of weeks, things are resurfacing a little bit. Obviously I can't see my usual counsellor as I'm home from university for the holidays, so for anyone with experience of counselling outside a university/college etc- do you think it would be feasible to contact a counsellor somewhere at home and see them for maybe two or three sessions to 'tide me over' (so to speak) before going back to university and seeing my usual counsellor? Or would a counsellor normally expect to have a long course of sessions over a number of weeks, rather than seeing someone a few times before they go back to university (if that makes sense)?
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most will be happy to just help when you have the time to see them. If you feel you need the help while you are back home there is nothing wrong with seeing someone to help. There is no point waiting to see your normal person because by that point your problems may get bigger. While I was studying I saw the onsite shrink and then while I was home I would see my local one. It doesn't matter where you are if you need the help get the help.

You don't need anymore than 2-3 sessions for them to get pretty much the full picture of your issues and then when you return home you can resume your treatment and progress.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Would it be possible for you to arrange for you and your uni counsellor to have phone appointments? If you feel up to this, I know mine does this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads