Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Share the minors you've received on your practical driving tests, hopefully this will help other people pass.

Thanks!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Right, 3 tests to pass and 10 minors across all 3 of them, let's see if I remember all of them:

1st test, 5 minors:

Steering - scraped curb (curb of doom my instructor calls it, loads of people scrape this curb apparently)
    Steering - went on central marking on tight bend
    Gears - accidentally went to 4th instead of 2nd, but noticed and corrected before I engaged clutch
    Footbrake - braking was harsh on my first stop coming out of the test centre
    Move off control - rough hill start

2nd test, 4 minors:

Undue hes. - waiting to turn right into a minor rd, daydreaming and didn't notice someone slowed down and flashed me to go
    Clutch - overrevved when changing gear
    Steering x2 - couple of nervous sloppy corners

3rd test, 1 minor

RPP control - hit curb on right

That last one sucked. We pulled up on this tight road and the examiner told me we were going to reverse parallel park. I sat there thinking "On this road? Have a laugh...". So yeah, pulled up next to the car too far out for the road I was in and hit the curb to my right as the front of the car swang out upon reversing to the left. So I had to straighten back up and shift over to the left, it all went fine after that as did the rest of the test

ReputationRep:
    0 Minors, but still failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFeet)
    0 Minors, but still failed
    I have my test next week, what caused you to fail?

Passed first time, three minors.

1 for following a car too closely.
    1 for dry steering.
    1 not checking my mirror before slowing from 40 to 30.

ReputationRep:
    Passed second time with three minors.

Two minors for using my mirrors when putting on my indicator and one was for gears

So the first two minors were basically mirror signal manoeuvre routine that I didn't do effectively.

ReputationRep:
    Passed 3rd time - 6 minors

Minors were for
    Response to other road users
    Undue hesitation
    Observation at junctions
    gears
    steering
    Judgement - meeting
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    1 not checking my mirror before slowing from 40 to 30.
    (Original post by James A)
    Two minors for not using my mirrors when putting on my indicator
    Examiners are absolute Nazis for mirror checking. Must get those mirror checks in, you don't wanna keep missing them and fail because you filled the box with too many minors.

ReputationRep:
    Passed first time, 6 minors.

1) not using mirrors when slowing to 30
    2) running a red light
    3) control during a three point turn - shaky legs!
    4) undue hesitation at a roundabout
    5) awareness/planning - slamming on brakes cos I was gabbing too much to notice
    6) one for lane discipline... Don't remember doing anything wrong there but obviously did!

ReputationRep:
    - Personally lane discipline/observation when changing lanes was always marked as a minor
    - Roundabouts - undue hesitation
    - Forgetting blind spot checks when moving off/during manoeuvres

Those seemed to be a recurring theme in my tests, every driver has their own weak issues but reading everyone else's replies roundabouts seem to be a hazy hurdle for all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll come back to this when I get home.

ReputationRep:
    passed 2nd time with 4 minors i think. TBH i can't remember exactly.

1st test, 2 majors 8 minors - major for getting too close to parked cars and for steering-i hit a kerb going along a narrow street. Some of the minors i remember were for signalling too late, not checking blind spots...can't remember the rest

2nd test, 4 minors- i think they were blind spots and closeness to parked cars as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the 'passed first time with no minors at all' club! =D

However, my brother passed with 3 minors, those were for..

Steering... took a corner too sharply
    MSM... didn't follow correct procedure
    Indicating... left indicator on too long after turning left out of a roundabout

ReputationRep:
    I failed my first test last week with 3 minors:
    *Gears - either when I tried to move off without putting it back into gear or when I changed into second and the car made a horrible crunching noise.
    *Other road users - was either the ambulance (struggled to move in quickly due to an island in the middle of the road and parking outside a school) or the horse and cart I overtook just before a roundabout
    *Emergency Stop - I knew when I did it that it wasn't sharp enough but it didn't help that my instructor didn't teach me it until the morning of my test (not amused)

and one major:
    *Road marking - didn't go around a mini roundabout properly (don't see how that's serious but hey)

Will report back after my second test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.