Subject choices in high school for course in psychology? Watch

DubaiStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in 10th grade ICSE/ISC curriculum and really really reallyyy want to do psychology OR neuropsychology or neuroscience in college as an undergrad degree. My dream is undergrad neuroscience degree in Kings College London, but I obviously need some other colleges to apply too. If I could couple the degree in psychology with something like HR, management or entrepreneurship, that would be amazing!

My subject choices for my freshman and sophmore years (9th and 10th grade) were Math, English Literature, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Social Studies, French and Computers.

For my junior and senior years of high school (11th and 12th grade) I want to drop math because I am terrible (!!!) at it. So that would mean that my subjects would be Bio, Chem, Phy, Eng Literature, Eng Language and Psychology.

Are these subjects enough for me to be considered my colleges in UK, or Australia for a degree in psychology, or neuroscience?
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Those subjects do look good, but I would advise you to keep maths, or take at least introductory statistics if that's an option. Maths/statistics is not usually a requirement, but is helpful for psychology as courses do have research methods and statistics components - and I assume the same is true for neuroscience.

Definitely keep Biology and Psychology, and as long as your grades are good you shouldn't have a problem
Reiss64
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best subjects are without doubt biology and maths for psychology degree.
Check out the uni of durham's applied psychology course, it's one of the uks best unis and you only need aab at a level!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise